Yahoo users have 1 billion more reasons to switch another major hack. Here's how to replace major Yahoo services with rivals and delete your Yahoo account.
Verizon has signaled that Yahoo's massive data breach may be enough reason to halt its US$4.8 billion deal to buy the internet company.
Several studies have come out recently trying to get a handle on the total costs of a data breach, with a large variation in costs - from less than $1 million on average, to $6 million - based on the data sets and types of included costs. But the act...
After two major controversies Yahoo turns off automatic email forwarding.
Yahoo has called a Reuters article about a secret email scanning program "misleading," and said no such system exists.
Yahoo has reportedly searched through all of its users' incoming emails with a secret software program that's designed to ferret out information for U.S. government agencies.
Yahoo's announcement that state-sponsored hackers have stolen the details of at least 500 million accounts shocks both through scale -- it's the largest data breach ever -- and the potential security implications for users.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A massive breach at Yahoo stole account details from at least 500 million users and is being blamed on state-sponsored hackers.
Apple is building a digital TV guide for Apple TV and iOS. The very similar Yahoo Video Guide came out last year.
Yahoo is selling over 3,000 patents and pending applications that the pioneering Internet company believes could be the most foundational patents related to Web search and advertising.
Verizon Communications will be bidding US$3 billion for the Internet assets of ailing Yahoo, according to a newspaper report.
Tens of millions of stolen credentials for Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo email accounts are being shared online by a young Russian hacker known as "the Collector" as part of a supposed larger trove of 1.17 billion records.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Google and Yahoo are expanding their use of a successful system used to detect spam.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW