Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Attackers can read emails, contacts and other private data from the accounts of Yahoo users who visit a malicious page by abusing a feature present on Yahoo's Developer Network website, according to an independent security researcher.
A court in Mexico has entered a US$2.7 billion judgment against Yahoo in a breach-of-contract suit over a yellow-pages listing service.
The Romanian domain names of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Kaspersky Lab and other companies were hijacked on Wednesday and were redirected to a hacked server in the Netherlands.
Marissa Mayer has made her first acquisition at Yahoo, a recommendations app called Stamped that was developed by ex-Googlers and has even received backing from Google Ventures.
Marissa Mayer, participating in her first Yahoo earnings conference call since becoming CEO, outlined a broad range of areas in which the company needs to improve.
Yahoo's revenue dropped slightly but earnings rose during the third quarter, the first complete one under the helm of new CEO Marissa Mayer.
Yahoo plans to shut down its struggling business in South Korea by the end of this year to focus its resources, the company said on Friday.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
The Consumer Electronics Association has switched its position on Internet sales taxes, with the huge trade group now supporting the collection of the tax.
India never asked Internet companies to pre-screen objectionable content, a federal minister said in interviews with local TV channels.
Yahoo has won a lawsuit against spammers, a legal victory that also includes a default judgment of US$610 million.
Yahoo will introduce on Wednesday several new features in its Search BOSS application development platform intended to make it easier for programmers and web publishers to adopt and use.
India's reported plans to ask Internet companies to filter objectionable content may overstep the country's own laws, according to legal experts.
An unpatched Yahoo Messenger vulnerability that allows attackers to change people's status messages and possibly perform other unauthorized actions can be exploited to spam malicious links to a large number of users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW