Yahoo has acquired a video chat startup OnTheAir as the company focuses on mobile applications and services.
Attackers can read emails, contacts and other private data from the accounts of Yahoo users who visit a malicious page by abusing a feature present on Yahoo's Developer Network website, according to an independent security researcher.
A court in Mexico has entered a US$2.7 billion judgment against Yahoo in a breach-of-contract suit over a yellow-pages listing service.
The Romanian domain names of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Kaspersky Lab and other companies were hijacked on Wednesday and were redirected to a hacked server in the Netherlands.
Marissa Mayer has made her first acquisition at Yahoo, a recommendations app called Stamped that was developed by ex-Googlers and has even received backing from Google Ventures.
Marissa Mayer, participating in her first Yahoo earnings conference call since becoming CEO, outlined a broad range of areas in which the company needs to improve.
Yahoo's revenue dropped slightly but earnings rose during the third quarter, the first complete one under the helm of new CEO Marissa Mayer.
Yahoo plans to shut down its struggling business in South Korea by the end of this year to focus its resources, the company said on Friday.
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
The Consumer Electronics Association has switched its position on Internet sales taxes, with the huge trade group now supporting the collection of the tax.
India never asked Internet companies to pre-screen objectionable content, a federal minister said in interviews with local TV channels.
Yahoo has won a lawsuit against spammers, a legal victory that also includes a default judgment of US$610 million.
Yahoo will introduce on Wednesday several new features in its Search BOSS application development platform intended to make it easier for programmers and web publishers to adopt and use.
India's reported plans to ask Internet companies to filter objectionable content may overstep the country's own laws, according to legal experts.
An unpatched Yahoo Messenger vulnerability that allows attackers to change people's status messages and possibly perform other unauthorized actions can be exploited to spam malicious links to a large number of users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW