Next time you're prompted to update the Java software on your computer, pay attention or you might become a Yahoo user without realizing it.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation released the latest version of its annual "Who Has Your Back" report on tech companies' data disclosure policies Wednesday afternoon, giving perfect five-star ratings to companies including Apple, Adobe, Dropbox and...
A lawsuit that alleges Yahoo's email scanning practices are illegal can proceed as a class action complaint, a development that will shine the spotlight on the Yahoo Mail use of messages' content for advertising purposes.
Some Flickr users are reporting problems with the photo sharing site that may be related to what browser they're using -- even if the browser's up to date.
Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
If you're tired of using your fingertip or a PIN to unlock your smartphone, Yahoo suggests using your ear instead.
Mobile is a crucial element in CEO Marissa Mayer's turnaround plan for Yahoo, but the company is still heavily dependant on PCs for its money.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
A 10-year search deal between Yahoo and Microsoft has a new opt-out provision that allows either company to terminate the agreement on or after Oct. 1.
In an effort to boost its mobile offerings, Yahoo is reportedly finishing up a deal to buy Foursquare.
Yahoo is closing its only remaining office in China and laying off between 200 and 300 employees there, news reports said on Wednesday.
Nintendo and DeNA team on mobile games...Opponents to spar at H-1B Senate hearing Tuesday...Apple said to have online TV service plans...and more tech news.
In an effort to simplify authentication for its services, Yahoo has introduced a new mechanism that allows users to log in with temporary passwords that are sent to their mobile phones.
With the backing of Google and Microsoft, the FIDO Alliance wants to kill passwords through biometrics like fingerprints and eye scans. Yahoo, however, is trying a different approach--one that looks a lot like the two-factor authentication we have no...
BlackBerry teams with Samsung, IBM on a secure tablet...Alibaba shows face recognition for payments...Yahoo adds encryption to email... and more tech news.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia