Alibaba Group has reached an agreement with Yahoo and Softbank over Alipay, the payment platform behind China's largest e-commerce market, Taobao.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
A group of U.S. senators pledged Tuesday to open up the country's borders to high-skill immigrants, with lawmakers arguing that the U.S. is turning away some of the world's smartest people.
A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Yahoo's total revenue took a steep dive in the second quarter as it struggled in display advertising, a core market where it has historically been a leader. The company managed to increase its profit by 11 percent, however.
His Miami Heat team lost the NBA finals to the Dallas Mavericks last month and now Dwyane Wade is headed back to a Texas court, but not to play basketball.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
The free TrackMeNot Firefox add-on takes a unique and creative approach to protecting your privacy from search engines that can create profiles of you based on terms you search for. Rather than hiding your searches from them in some way, it takes th...
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
Some residents of Quincy, Washington, home of massive data centers operated by Microsoft, Yahoo and others, are growing concerned about pollution from backup diesel generators at the data centers, and on Wednesday they'll have the chance to discuss t...
Yahoo and Benchmark Capital have founded a company tasked with advancing the open source Hadoop software framework for applications that manage massive amounts of data.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz was backed by the company's chairman at the start of the company's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday, but got ripped by an investor who called for her resignation.
Yahoo is lumbering into the app search game, years behind smaller, nimbler competitors.
Taobao, China's largest online retailer, has split into three separate companies to better address its target markets, parent company Alibaba Group said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- FTCommunications Network EngineerACT
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW