A day after Yahoo's email service suffered a partial outage, the company reported that about 1 million users were affected.
A jury in the Eastern District of Texas told Google that it owes Bedrock Computer Technologies $5 million in damages for using versions of Linux that infringe on Bedrock's patents.
April has turned out to be a stellar month for Linux.
Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday with users around the globe complaining that they've had no access for most of the day.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Yahoo has acquired a Palo Alto, California, startup called <a href="http://www.intonow.com">IntoNow</a> whose technology is designed to help television viewers discover programs and discuss them interactively with their friends.
Yahoo's revenue and profit slid significantly in the first quarter, but the company's performance was in line with Wall Street's expectations and company officials said the results reflect solid execution toward its financial goals.
In a move that is unlikely to win it any new friends in the privacy community, Yahoo has announced that it will retain consumer search data for a substantially longer period of time than it does today.
Bing, Microsoft's little search engine that could, has taken 30 per cent of the U.S. search market share, posing a serious threat to Google's dominance in the field.
Yahoo is planning to appeal an Italian court's ruling that it should remove links leading to a pirated Iranian movie from its search index.
Yahoo is unhappy with a recent ruling in an Italian court that ordered the company to remove links from its search engine that lead to pirated copies of an Iranian movie.
The McAfee.com website is full of security mistakes that could lead to cross-site scripting and other attacks, researchers said in a post on the Full Disclosure site on Monday. The holes with the site were found by the YGN Ethical Hacker Group, and r...
Yahoo plans to release some technologies, including storage technologies, to the open source community, a senior executive of the company said.
Mozilla today said that it regretted staying silent when it found out last week that hackers had stolen digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google, Skype, Microsoft, Yahoo and its own add-on site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC