Yahoo is rolling out the newest version of its e-mail service and inviting all of its 284 million users to upgrade.
Seeking to beef up its sales of premium online ads, Yahoo has agreed to acquire 5to1, a startup founded in 2009 by former executives from News Corp.'s Fox Interactive.
New U.S. legislation intended to shut down foreign websites that infringe copyrights would cause major headaches because it would allow copyright holders to target legitimate Web services with "thousands" of court orders, an e-commerce trade group sa...
Yahoo and Alibaba Group issued a joint statement on Sunday, in what appeared to be a symbolic effort by the companies to move past a dispute involving a Chinese online payment service.
Yahoo said that Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group transferred ownership of its online payment service Alipay without its knowledge or approval, a sign of continuing tension between the two companies.
In this week of big headlines for both Google and Microsoft, the quiet escalation in the war between Google images and Bing images has gone virtually unnoticed... until now.
This week, one of our C-level executives suffered a personal security incident that spilled over to the workplace. Here's what happened.
OpenDNS, one of the Internet's most popular free DNS services, is now offering production-grade support for IPv6, an upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol known as IPv4.
Carol Bartz's compensation was slashed by 75 per cent in 2010, but the Yahoo CEO still managed to take home a hefty $11.9 million pay package. A year earlier, Bartz received compensation valued at $47.2 million, according to documents filed Friday wi...
A day after Yahoo's email service suffered a partial outage, the company reported that about 1 million users were affected.
A jury in the Eastern District of Texas told Google that it owes Bedrock Computer Technologies $5 million in damages for using versions of Linux that infringe on Bedrock's patents.
April has turned out to be a stellar month for Linux.
Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday with users around the globe complaining that they've had no access for most of the day.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW