Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday with users around the globe complaining that they've had no access for most of the day.
Delicious, the social bookmarking service and Web 2.0 pioneer, will live on as part of a new Internet company run by YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's proposed settlement with Google over its bungled launch of the Buzz social-networking service could have disastrous effects on the rest of the e-commerce industry, the head of a trade group said.
Yahoo has acquired a Palo Alto, California, startup called <a href="http://www.intonow.com">IntoNow</a> whose technology is designed to help television viewers discover programs and discuss them interactively with their friends.
Yahoo's revenue and profit slid significantly in the first quarter, but the company's performance was in line with Wall Street's expectations and company officials said the results reflect solid execution toward its financial goals.
In a move that is unlikely to win it any new friends in the privacy community, Yahoo has announced that it will retain consumer search data for a substantially longer period of time than it does today.
Bing, Microsoft's little search engine that could, has taken 30 per cent of the U.S. search market share, posing a serious threat to Google's dominance in the field.
Yahoo is planning to appeal an Italian court's ruling that it should remove links leading to a pirated Iranian movie from its search index.
Yahoo is unhappy with a recent ruling in an Italian court that ordered the company to remove links from its search engine that lead to pirated copies of an Iranian movie.
The McAfee.com website is full of security mistakes that could lead to cross-site scripting and other attacks, researchers said in a post on the Full Disclosure site on Monday. The holes with the site were found by the YGN Ethical Hacker Group, and r...
Yahoo plans to release some technologies, including storage technologies, to the open source community, a senior executive of the company said.
Mozilla today said that it regretted staying silent when it found out last week that hackers had stolen digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google, Skype, Microsoft, Yahoo and its own add-on site.
The delay in disclosing a theft of the digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google, Skype, Microsoft and Yahoo, put Iranian activists' lives at risk, a researcher argued Wednesday.
Yahoo today unveiled Yahoo Search Direct, a new feature similar to Google Instant that shows search results as you type. The benefit to you: Less typing, fewer clicks, and (hopefully) faster results.
Iran may have been involved in an attack that resulted in hackers' acquiring bogus digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google and Gmail, Microsoft, Skype and Yahoo, a certificate issuing firm said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA