After announcing Wednesday it would be laying off four per cent of its workforce, Yahoo revealed today that it was terminating eight of its Websites. Sites targeted for "sunsetting" are Delicious, AltaVista, MyBlogLOg, Yahoo Picks, Yahoo Buzz, and Ya...
More Yahoo applications and services will be shut down or merged with existing products in the coming months, the company has said.
Microsoft's top search executive has tried to play down the significance of Google Instant, which was launched in September with much fanfare, saying it "gets in the way" of users and that reactions to it have been "mixed at best."
The official Twitter app for Android provides a simple, no-frills way to tweet and view your home feed from your phone. To begin, you log in or create an account. If you choose to create an account, the app will open the mobile Twitter Website in the...
Microsoft on Wednesday showed how Facebook friends will be able to influence Bing users' search results, as part of a wide-ranging update on search that also included developments for its image, maps and mobile services.
Yahoo confirmed that it has laid off 600 people, following news reports often based on Twitter messages from employees who had been let go.
Wonder what people were talking about this past year?
Raising the stakes in its war of words, Microsoft today said Google simply doesn't understand what businesses need, and is failing at pushing its way into the enterprise.
Although Firefox's usage share has been stalled for the last year, Mozilla's revenues were up 34% in 2009, largely on the back of money paid the organization by Google and other search engines.
Online advertising spending in the U.S. continued to accelerate in the third quarter, as the market rebounds from a slowdown last year.
Yahoo announced on Tuesday new and enhanced products and services intended to improve the company's offerings in local search and social media.
After Facebook's struggle with one privacy issue after another this year, some in the industry are raising privacy questions about Facebook's new messaging system.
Killing recent rumours that it's launching an email killer, Facebook has unveiled a new messaging system that will envelope email, instant messages, Facebook messages and SMS.
Yahoo is denying reports that the company is in the midst of a 20 per cent reduction of its workforce.
In another high-profile departure, Michael Kirwan, formerly CIO of Yahoo, has left the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW