Yahoo has released an Android personalisation app that could give the company a stronger foothold in mobile contextual search.
Mining personal data to deliver targeted ads is the lifeblood of Google's business -- and of many other online firms. But what if that data dries up at the source?
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
Chalk up another victory for corporate surveillance: Five years after advocates came up with an easy way to let you browse the Web with just a little privacy, the Do Not Track system is in tatters and that pair of boots you looked at online last mont...
Amazon, Snapchat and AT&T rank among the least trustworthy technology companies when it comes to how they handle government data requests, according to a report from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
The current state of online advertising endangers the security and privacy of users and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission should force the industry to offer better protections through comprehensive regulation, the U.S. Senate said in a report.
The developers of Blink, a messaging app that could be programmed to destroy messages, are moving to Yahoo to work on communications products.
Yahoo's News Digest application is now available on Android, with an international and a Canadian edition also added.
News, email and photo-sharing are some of the most popular services on the Web. Marissa Mayer knows that, and they're some of the reasons she thinks you should try Yahoo.
Yahoo is rolling out a new mail app for iPhone and iPod touch designed to deliver more than just messages.
Yahoo is pushing harder into the production of original content, with two online TV series, another digital magazine and a concert-streaming series added to its growing lineup.
In an indication that CEO Marissa Mayer is not yet seeing dramatic results from her efforts to turn the company around, Yahoo's sales dipped slightly in its first quarter, amid some gains in its search advertising business.
In an attempt to block email spoofing attacks on yahoo.com addresses, Yahoo began imposing a stricter email validation policy that unfortunately breaks the usual workflow on legitimate mailing lists.
Yahoo said Wednesday it was encrypting traffic flowing between its data centers, several months after leaked documents revealed the government had been sniffing those links.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW