Russian Internet company Yandex has released a beta version of its new browser that the company says is more privacy-friendly than an earlier build.
Facebook wants us all to create VR content ... Lenovo tests ARM server waters with prototype ... Big data vendors find common ground ... and more tech news
Russian search engine Yandex has accused Google of illegally favoring its own services by forcing Android device manufacturers to install its own apps and exclude apps from competitors.
Shellshock continues to reverberate: Attackers are exploiting recently discovered vulnerabilities in the Bash command-line interpreter in order to infect Linux servers with a sophisticated malware program known as Mayhem.
Facebook could see a nice boost in its popularity in Russia, increasing its ability to compete internationally, through a new partnership with the Russian search engine Yandex.
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing website scanning technology to block access to malicious and adult-rated sites.
Russian search giant Yandex is temporarily suspending the development of its Wonder social discovery app just one week after Facebook blocked the app's access to its API data.
The blocked Facebook friend-search feature on Twitter's new Vine mobile video app may be an annoyance for users, but it's all part of the social networking game.
Russia's biggest search engine, Yandex, has invested US$15 million in U.S. search startup Blekko, as part of $30 million funding round.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT