Russian Internet company Yandex has released a beta version of its new browser that the company says is more privacy-friendly than an earlier build.
Facebook wants us all to create VR content ... Lenovo tests ARM server waters with prototype ... Big data vendors find common ground ... and more tech news
Russian search engine Yandex has accused Google of illegally favoring its own services by forcing Android device manufacturers to install its own apps and exclude apps from competitors.
Shellshock continues to reverberate: Attackers are exploiting recently discovered vulnerabilities in the Bash command-line interpreter in order to infect Linux servers with a sophisticated malware program known as Mayhem.
Facebook could see a nice boost in its popularity in Russia, increasing its ability to compete internationally, through a new partnership with the Russian search engine Yandex.
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing website scanning technology to block access to malicious and adult-rated sites.
Russian search giant Yandex is temporarily suspending the development of its Wonder social discovery app just one week after Facebook blocked the app's access to its API data.
The blocked Facebook friend-search feature on Twitter's new Vine mobile video app may be an annoyance for users, but it's all part of the social networking game.
Russia's biggest search engine, Yandex, has invested US$15 million in U.S. search startup Blekko, as part of $30 million funding round.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC