Widely accepted projections of a shortage of mobile spectrum may not be as dire as many analysts in the mobile and tech sectors are making it out to be, according to a new study.
A report recently published by Yankee Group concludes that, because iPhone customers are considerably more loyal than Android device buyers, Apple will beat its largest competitor in market share by 2015--and that the advantage will benefit the iPad ...
Online retailer Amazon.com is reportedly redesigning its Web site, which sells everything from books to electronics and handbags, with a focus on supporting tablet computer users.
The Internet is abuzz with reports that Facebook will finally come out with a dedicated iPad app.
The number of U.S. Twitter users jumped in the past year, increasing more than 50 per cent, according to a study from the Pew Research Center.
Amazon.com came up with a good marketing idea in its battle against Apple's iTunes, but it worked almost too well as execs vastly underestimated the sheer might of Lady Gaga fans.
California is considering legislation that would tighten Facebook's privacy practices, and the social network is not happy about it.
If your corporate network starts to get a bit sluggish Friday, you might have to blame Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Cisco is in the throes of a companywide transition away from the switches and routers that form the bedrock of its business toward new markets to fuel future growth -- and the shift is affecting Cisco's revenue.
The broad Nokia-Microsoft partnership in which the Windows Phone operating system would run on Nokia smartphones sounds like good news for both companies because of their struggles in the smartphone arena.
When a photo of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg meeting with the head of China's largest search engine hit the Internet, speculation began to run wild.
Global sales of e-readers like Amazon.com's Kindle will reach 6.6 million devices by the end of 2010, and then jump 68 per cent to 11 million devices in 2011 as it battles popular media tablets such as Apple's iPad, Gartner said Wednesday.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab T-Mobile USA kicked off sales of Samsung's 7-in. Galaxy Tab tablet computers today, with other U.S. carriers soon to follow suit.
Watch out, Facebook.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Mobile and wireless applications are already profoundly affecting underdeveloped areas of the world, experts on a "Future of Mobile" panel said at the EmTech@MIT 2010 conference here Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW