The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Technology can be awesome, when it's put to good use. A map on your phone? A satellite that can help farmers monitor their crops? Great! But not everything is so useful.
Once upon a time, life in the enterprise IT shop was fairly simple, at least conceptually speaking.
The European Commission is gearing up to solve some longstanding problems with outdated copyright and data protection laws and move ahead on new rules for roaming charges and net neutrality.
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
It was a typically busy year for SAP, with the company making headlines for strong sales of its HANA in-memory database, high-profile acquisitions and aggressive moves into cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT