The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Technology can be awesome, when it's put to good use. A map on your phone? A satellite that can help farmers monitor their crops? Great! But not everything is so useful.
Once upon a time, life in the enterprise IT shop was fairly simple, at least conceptually speaking.
The European Commission is gearing up to solve some longstanding problems with outdated copyright and data protection laws and move ahead on new rules for roaming charges and net neutrality.
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
It was a typically busy year for SAP, with the company making headlines for strong sales of its HANA in-memory database, high-profile acquisitions and aggressive moves into cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW