The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Technology can be awesome, when it's put to good use. A map on your phone? A satellite that can help farmers monitor their crops? Great! But not everything is so useful.
Once upon a time, life in the enterprise IT shop was fairly simple, at least conceptually speaking.
The European Commission is gearing up to solve some longstanding problems with outdated copyright and data protection laws and move ahead on new rules for roaming charges and net neutrality.
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
It was a typically busy year for SAP, with the company making headlines for strong sales of its HANA in-memory database, high-profile acquisitions and aggressive moves into cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT