The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Technology can be awesome, when it's put to good use. A map on your phone? A satellite that can help farmers monitor their crops? Great! But not everything is so useful.
Once upon a time, life in the enterprise IT shop was fairly simple, at least conceptually speaking.
The European Commission is gearing up to solve some longstanding problems with outdated copyright and data protection laws and move ahead on new rules for roaming charges and net neutrality.
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
From rattled airline passengers who fear the coming of smartphones to jurors who don't know a smartphone from a tablet, here are some of the colorful quotes from IT news in 2014.
Earlier this month, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook each welcomed China's top Internet regulator to their headquarters, for visits marked by smiles and laughter.
In an era of slick gadgets, PCs are the dinosaurs, ensnared in wire clutter, sporting tired 2D cameras and stricken with the occasional blue screen of death. Technology coming up in 2015, though, is set to make PCs more interactive, fun and perhaps n...
If you plan to buy a cheap smartphone next year expect to get LTE, an HD screen and a good-looking device, as competing manufacturers and chip vendors lower prices.
2013 was the year we learned we must encrypt our data if we don't want the likes of the U.S. National Security Agency or the U.K. Government Communications Headquarters reading it as it crosses the Internet.
While the bulk of enterprise software is still deployed on-premises, SaaS (software as a service) continues to undergo rapid growth. Gartner has said the total market will top $22 billion through 2015, up from more than $14 billion in 2012.
You thought you were shopping for family and friends this holiday season, but in doing so you may have also given a nice present to retailers: your data.
This year saw the completion of the city of Munich's switch to Linux, a move that began about ten years ago. "One of the biggest lessons learned was that you can't do such a project without continued political backing," said Peter Hofmann, the leader...
The ascent this year of Bitcoin, a virtual currency forged through hardcore mathematics and buoyed by promises of financial liberation from banks, has been nothing short of mesmerizing.
Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
- Toyota, Volkswagen partner ride-hailing companies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA