Google's favoring of its own services in search results doesn't just harm competitors, it also harms consumers, according to research sponsored by a complainant in the EU antitrust trial against the company.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
Oracle shrugs off Salesforce rumors...House OKs plan to stop NSA phone dragnet...why Ford's CEO is wary of Apple and Google
Yelp has filed a lawsuit against Revleap, a company that says it can help businesses improve their ratings, though Yelp says it actually spams them and cons them out of money.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has ended a nearly year-long inquiry into Yelp's businesses practices, after some companies claimed they received unfair or fraudulent reviews after turning down pitches to advertise.
Let's just assume for a minute that Yelp doesn't need the US$550 million that Google reportedly offered it in a failed acquisition attempt.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW