A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to limit the National Security Agency's ability to search U.S. records, after a similar provision was stripped out of a bill intended to rein in the agency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC