The name Nubia might conjure up images of Africa, Egyptian pharaohs and early civilization. But perhaps one day, it'll also be remembered for smartphones. Or at least that's the hope of Chinese handset maker ZTE, which is using the name as a new comp...
Chinese handset maker ZTE is planning to launch a smartwatch next year, making it the latest company to throw its hat into this emerging gadget segment.
ZTE plans on launching another phone running Mozilla's Firefox OS, this time with a dual-core processor, a bigger screen, and a revamped user experience, a company executive said on Tuesday.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
Sales of the ZTE Open Firefox OS phone will start soon via eBay's stores in the U.S. and U.K.
After several months of anticipation, the first phones based on the Firefox operating system are here. Telefónica will begin selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday in Spain as the first step of a global rollout that should see Firefox OS devices available i...
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
Showing off its optical networking prowess, ZTE has completed at test that managed speeds at 400Gbps over a distance of more than 5,000 kilometers, or about 3,100 miles.
The European Union may be trying to protect its telecom equipment industry with its recent threat to investigate China over networking equipment imports. But the move could end up hurting the chances of Western vendors intent on supplying technology ...
The European Union is preparing to investigate the imports of mobile networking gear from China for anti-competitive practices, a move that's likely targeted at telecommunications equipment companies Huawei Technologies and ZTE.
Apple retook its spot as China's fifth largest smartphone vendor in the first quarter, as the country's market grew to triple the size of the U.S.'s.
LG Electronics more that doubled its sales of smartphones in the first quarter, which was the first time smartphones outsold feature phones, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft has inked an agreement with China's ZTE for its Android and Chrome patent licensing program.
Chinese handset maker ZTE put a positive spin on the recent U.S. scrutiny of its networking business, stating that the controversy at least gave the company some publicity and name-recognition.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPlatform EngineerQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD