The name Nubia might conjure up images of Africa, Egyptian pharaohs and early civilization. But perhaps one day, it'll also be remembered for smartphones. Or at least that's the hope of Chinese handset maker ZTE, which is using the name as a new comp...
Chinese handset maker ZTE is planning to launch a smartwatch next year, making it the latest company to throw its hat into this emerging gadget segment.
ZTE plans on launching another phone running Mozilla's Firefox OS, this time with a dual-core processor, a bigger screen, and a revamped user experience, a company executive said on Tuesday.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
Sales of the ZTE Open Firefox OS phone will start soon via eBay's stores in the U.S. and U.K.
After several months of anticipation, the first phones based on the Firefox operating system are here. Telefónica will begin selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday in Spain as the first step of a global rollout that should see Firefox OS devices available i...
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
Telefónica will be the first to offer a commercial smartphone based on Firefox OS. The Spanish operator will start selling the ZTE Open on Tuesday for €69 (US$90) with a prepaid subscription.
Showing off its optical networking prowess, ZTE has completed at test that managed speeds at 400Gbps over a distance of more than 5,000 kilometers, or about 3,100 miles.
The European Union may be trying to protect its telecom equipment industry with its recent threat to investigate China over networking equipment imports. But the move could end up hurting the chances of Western vendors intent on supplying technology ...
The European Union is preparing to investigate the imports of mobile networking gear from China for anti-competitive practices, a move that's likely targeted at telecommunications equipment companies Huawei Technologies and ZTE.
Apple retook its spot as China's fifth largest smartphone vendor in the first quarter, as the country's market grew to triple the size of the U.S.'s.
LG Electronics more that doubled its sales of smartphones in the first quarter, which was the first time smartphones outsold feature phones, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft has inked an agreement with China's ZTE for its Android and Chrome patent licensing program.
Chinese handset maker ZTE put a positive spin on the recent U.S. scrutiny of its networking business, stating that the controversy at least gave the company some publicity and name-recognition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC