Australia's largest telco, Telstra, has stressed that its brand is strong enough to sell smartphones following the decision to release its own-branded device as the first 4G prepaid smartphone in Australia.
Apple dropped out of the top five list in China's smartphone market for the third quarter, as local handset vendors saw their shipments surge from the sales of low-priced smartphone models, according to research firm Canalys.
Chinese handset maker ZTE has shown off a new high-end phone. The Z5 has a 5-inch screen, a 13-megapixel camera and a quad-core processor.
Telstra has announced the release of its own branded, 4G-capable Android tablet, simply called the Telstra 4G Tablet.
Nokia has dropped off the list of the top five smartphone vendors in the third quarter, facing stiff competition from Samsung and Apple globally, and from high-growth vendors like Huawei in China, where Nokia was the dominant player as recently as th...
ZTE has launched the first PC-based capacity planning tool for LTE, which will make it easier for operators to optimize the performance of their networks and offer users better performance.
ZTE plans to launch high-end smartphones in the U.S. next year, according to a company spokeswoman, breaking out of its mold as primarily a player in the low-end phone market.
A US House Intelligence Committee is launching an investigation against Chinese telecommunication equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE to find whether the companies pose a security threat to the country.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android, is likely to ease the fragmentation of the operating system, some device executives said on Thursday.
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, is working on several new tablets, including one built with Nvidia's newest quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
Mobile carrier Cricket announced on Thursday it will start selling the ZTE Score, the first smartphone from Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE to launch in the U.S.
Mobile operator, China Mobile, and telecommunications equipment supplier, ZTE, have shown off a smartphone operating on a 4G (fourth generation) LTE TDD network.
Mobile phone sales floundered during the second quarter, in the wake of the earthquake in Japan. But smartphone sales continued to grow, as Android extended its lead in the operating system race, according to market research company Gartner.
Apple and Samsung both sold more smartphones than Nokia in the second quarter, although Nokia still sold most phones overall, market researcher Strategy Analytics said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPReporting AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW