Apple dropped out of the top five list in China's smartphone market for the third quarter, as local handset vendors saw their shipments surge from the sales of low-priced smartphone models, according to research firm Canalys.
Chinese handset maker ZTE has shown off a new high-end phone. The Z5 has a 5-inch screen, a 13-megapixel camera and a quad-core processor.
Telstra has announced the release of its own branded, 4G-capable Android tablet, simply called the Telstra 4G Tablet.
Nokia has dropped off the list of the top five smartphone vendors in the third quarter, facing stiff competition from Samsung and Apple globally, and from high-growth vendors like Huawei in China, where Nokia was the dominant player as recently as th...
ZTE has launched the first PC-based capacity planning tool for LTE, which will make it easier for operators to optimize the performance of their networks and offer users better performance.
ZTE plans to launch high-end smartphones in the U.S. next year, according to a company spokeswoman, breaking out of its mold as primarily a player in the low-end phone market.
A US House Intelligence Committee is launching an investigation against Chinese telecommunication equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE to find whether the companies pose a security threat to the country.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android, is likely to ease the fragmentation of the operating system, some device executives said on Thursday.
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, is working on several new tablets, including one built with Nvidia's newest quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
Mobile carrier Cricket announced on Thursday it will start selling the ZTE Score, the first smartphone from Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE to launch in the U.S.
Mobile operator, China Mobile, and telecommunications equipment supplier, ZTE, have shown off a smartphone operating on a 4G (fourth generation) LTE TDD network.
Mobile phone sales floundered during the second quarter, in the wake of the earthquake in Japan. But smartphone sales continued to grow, as Android extended its lead in the operating system race, according to market research company Gartner.
Apple and Samsung both sold more smartphones than Nokia in the second quarter, although Nokia still sold most phones overall, market researcher Strategy Analytics said Friday.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it has filed complaints with the U.S. International Trade Commission and federal court against Nokia, Huawei and ZTE, charging the companies with patent infringement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- NBN: Question marks over copper costs persist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW