Skate is the latest addition to ZTE's portfolio of low-cost smartphones. It has a 4.3-inch screen and runs Android version 2.3, the company announced at Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Microsoft plans to launch Windows Phone 7 in China in the second half of 2011.
U.S. iPod touch owners will soon be able to access the Internet without a Wi-Fi hotspot by using a new add-on being launched on Sunday by Sprint and Chinese network supplier ZTE.
DSL vendors are using a variety of methods such as bonding several copper lines, creating virtual ones and using advanced noise cancellation to increase broadband over copper to several hundred megabits per second.
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, is making a bigger push in the tablet PC market by releasing five to six new devices next year.
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, has unveiled a new tablet device that includes phone functionality and runs on the Android 2.1 OS.
Verizon Wireless customers will be able to link their Wi-Fi devices to the Internet via 3G mobile networks in more than 120 countries with the Fivespot portable hotspot, set to go on sale Thursday. But globetrotting with it won't be cheap.
The spectrum shortage is forcing mobile operators to experiment more with pricing models, new technologies and partnerships, executives speaking at the Mobile Future Forward event in Seattle said Wednesday.
The European Commission is considering opening a second enquiry to investigate if China is illegally subsidizing tech companies that produce wireless modems.
Chinese handset and telecommunication equipment maker ZTE showed off its first handset designed for Japan, a model that's intended for elderly cell-phone users.
Chinese network equipment vendor ZTE has joined the growing number of phone manufacturers using Android. It plans to launch smartphones based on the operating system in the first quarter of this year, it said Thursday.
Latest News Articles
- Proposed California law would mandate smartphone kill switch
- IBM gets fast file transfers with Aspera acquisition
- Embedded SIM spec ushers in new era for machine communications
- Older Mac webcams can spy without activating warning light, researchers find
- Target says 40 million cards likely skimmed in security breach
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »