Networking device manufacturers ZyXEL Communications and Netgear have confirmed that some of their routers are affected by a recently disclosed vulnerability in a USB device-sharing service called NetUSB.
Millions of routers and other embedded devices are affected by a serious vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise them.
A vulnerability found in a DSL router model from D-Link allows remote hackers to change its DNS (Domain Name System) settings and hijack users' traffic. The issue might also affect other devices because it is located in a popular firmware used by dif...
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
Attacks recently observed in Poland involved cybercriminals hacking into home routers and changing their DNS settings so they can intercept user connections to online banking sites.
ZyXEL Communications will use software from Alcatel-Lucent to integrate mobile networking into its home networking equipment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC