Samsung is denying reports that it is working on a Facebook-like service that will debut next year. The company called the rumors “groundless” on its blog, adding that what it’s working on is far from a Facebook competitor.
If your business relies on BlackBerry devices, perhaps its time for you to consider your options.
The notifications are still trickling in from companies impacted by the data breach at Epsilon. I have received two. My wife has received four. I have heard some people have received notifications from as many as six different companies letting them ...
Much as everyone loves Microsoft's Windows 7, not everyone has made the move yet. Plenty of folks are clinging to Windows XP for dear life, while others just didn't see enough reason to upgrade from Vista. After all, it's not like Microsoft is giving...
As is true just about any time Microsoft launches a new product, there's been no shortage of hype about Internet Explorer 9. And indeed, my PCWorld colleague Tony Bradley has no shortage of good things to say about the new browser.
As smartphones get bigger -- consider the pocket-busting Motorola Droid X and tablet-phone hybrid Dell Streak -- do they need a remote control of their own? Sony Ericsson thinks so.
For as long as there have been computer systems, there have been system administrators.
There’s no question that advances in server virtualization technology are becoming popular among corporations that want to save money by consolidating resources and improving operational efficiency.
A group of virtualization and cloud-computing experts gathered at MIT's Emerging Technology conference this week had good news and bad news for people who have committed large parts of their IT budgets and career ambitions to virtualization. The good...
I recently was interviewed by Francis Rose of WFED radio in Washington DC. His show, “In Depth with Francis Rose,” focuses on topics of interest to federal IT leaders and professionals. (You can listen to the interview online.)
VMware dodged a bullet this week, though its escape has more to do with Microsoft's reluctance to give up a dollar of revenue even to make life easier for its customers than to anything VMware has done to secure its own position.
One thing I've noticed since I started writing about SOA is that SOA pundits seem to be obsessed with the definition of SOA. Some people feel think business processes have to be part of the definition. Some people focus on interaction vs. integration...
The Obama administration clarified its rules about border searches of laptops and other digital gear. Bottom line: If you care about your data, leave the laptop at home.
Have you heard the news? Steve Jobs is back.
Cisco and RIM (BlackBerry) have been working on a joint development project that is both freeing us to roam as we please and also tying us all together in ever stronger ways. I spoke with Cisco marketing director Alex Hadden-Boyd who described the pr...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT