Samsung is denying reports that it is working on a Facebook-like service that will debut next year. The company called the rumors “groundless” on its blog, adding that what it’s working on is far from a Facebook competitor.
If your business relies on BlackBerry devices, perhaps its time for you to consider your options.
The notifications are still trickling in from companies impacted by the data breach at Epsilon. I have received two. My wife has received four. I have heard some people have received notifications from as many as six different companies letting them ...
Much as everyone loves Microsoft's Windows 7, not everyone has made the move yet. Plenty of folks are clinging to Windows XP for dear life, while others just didn't see enough reason to upgrade from Vista. After all, it's not like Microsoft is giving...
As is true just about any time Microsoft launches a new product, there's been no shortage of hype about Internet Explorer 9. And indeed, my PCWorld colleague Tony Bradley has no shortage of good things to say about the new browser.
As smartphones get bigger -- consider the pocket-busting Motorola Droid X and tablet-phone hybrid Dell Streak -- do they need a remote control of their own? Sony Ericsson thinks so.
For as long as there have been computer systems, there have been system administrators.
There’s no question that advances in server virtualization technology are becoming popular among corporations that want to save money by consolidating resources and improving operational efficiency.
A group of virtualization and cloud-computing experts gathered at MIT's Emerging Technology conference this week had good news and bad news for people who have committed large parts of their IT budgets and career ambitions to virtualization. The good...
I recently was interviewed by Francis Rose of WFED radio in Washington DC. His show, “In Depth with Francis Rose,” focuses on topics of interest to federal IT leaders and professionals. (You can listen to the interview online.)
VMware dodged a bullet this week, though its escape has more to do with Microsoft's reluctance to give up a dollar of revenue even to make life easier for its customers than to anything VMware has done to secure its own position.
One thing I've noticed since I started writing about SOA is that SOA pundits seem to be obsessed with the definition of SOA. Some people feel think business processes have to be part of the definition. Some people focus on interaction vs. integration...
The Obama administration clarified its rules about border searches of laptops and other digital gear. Bottom line: If you care about your data, leave the laptop at home.
Have you heard the news? Steve Jobs is back.
Cisco and RIM (BlackBerry) have been working on a joint development project that is both freeing us to roam as we please and also tying us all together in ever stronger ways. I spoke with Cisco marketing director Alex Hadden-Boyd who described the pr...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW