Samsung is denying reports that it is working on a Facebook-like service that will debut next year. The company called the rumors “groundless” on its blog, adding that what it’s working on is far from a Facebook competitor.
If your business relies on BlackBerry devices, perhaps its time for you to consider your options.
The notifications are still trickling in from companies impacted by the data breach at Epsilon. I have received two. My wife has received four. I have heard some people have received notifications from as many as six different companies letting them ...
Much as everyone loves Microsoft's Windows 7, not everyone has made the move yet. Plenty of folks are clinging to Windows XP for dear life, while others just didn't see enough reason to upgrade from Vista. After all, it's not like Microsoft is giving...
As is true just about any time Microsoft launches a new product, there's been no shortage of hype about Internet Explorer 9. And indeed, my PCWorld colleague Tony Bradley has no shortage of good things to say about the new browser.
As smartphones get bigger -- consider the pocket-busting Motorola Droid X and tablet-phone hybrid Dell Streak -- do they need a remote control of their own? Sony Ericsson thinks so.
For as long as there have been computer systems, there have been system administrators.
There’s no question that advances in server virtualization technology are becoming popular among corporations that want to save money by consolidating resources and improving operational efficiency.
A group of virtualization and cloud-computing experts gathered at MIT's Emerging Technology conference this week had good news and bad news for people who have committed large parts of their IT budgets and career ambitions to virtualization. The good...
I recently was interviewed by Francis Rose of WFED radio in Washington DC. His show, “In Depth with Francis Rose,” focuses on topics of interest to federal IT leaders and professionals. (You can listen to the interview online.)
VMware dodged a bullet this week, though its escape has more to do with Microsoft's reluctance to give up a dollar of revenue even to make life easier for its customers than to anything VMware has done to secure its own position.
One thing I've noticed since I started writing about SOA is that SOA pundits seem to be obsessed with the definition of SOA. Some people feel think business processes have to be part of the definition. Some people focus on interaction vs. integration...
The Obama administration clarified its rules about border searches of laptops and other digital gear. Bottom line: If you care about your data, leave the laptop at home.
Have you heard the news? Steve Jobs is back.
Cisco and RIM (BlackBerry) have been working on a joint development project that is both freeing us to roam as we please and also tying us all together in ever stronger ways. I spoke with Cisco marketing director Alex Hadden-Boyd who described the pr...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC