Personal data stored on your computer is worth a lot more than just the hardware. Make sure you take the necessary steps to ensure you protect it.
As well as being great for generating textual content dynamically, PHP is also useful for dynamically creating images. Using a special PHP extension, we'll explore the possibilities of image creation in this column over the next few columns.
Integrating Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) into your HTML pages can not only enhance your site, but also make coding easier. In this first of a two-part series, we investigate the language of CSS and how the syntax differs from standard HTML. Next mont...
Read this guide to understand how e-mail works and how it folds into the broader capabilities of today's messaging and collaboration platforms.
Even though computing resources may be locked in high-security data centres, the security guards can do nothing to stop an electronic assault by someone using a network address to access the system.
If you're running a small business and have more than two or three PCs in the office, it's time to start looking at setting up a server. And one of your first considerations will be which server operating system (OS) to use.
Before you install a database, you need to grapple with concepts like database servers, relational and object databases, and the thorny question of why apparently similar products range in price from free to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
With the plethora of viruses, bugs, worms and threats invading the desktop these days, antivirus products have become a critical tool for any PC user.
.NET is Microsoft's vision for computing. Introduced with great fanfare more than two years ago, .NET promises to use common Internet protocols to seamlessly interconnect devices, data and applications. Heavily reliant on XML, .NET is designed to all...
In 'Create your own photogallery: Part I', I began creating an online photo gallery. Using www.woofbyte.com.au/gallery as a template, I reviewed techniques required to reduce the size of a graphically intensive Web site. Additionally, I discussed how...
One of the greatest things about Web pages is the ability to display data on the Internet and have other people view it straight away. Take photographs, for example. In the not-so-distant past, sharing pictures with others would mean either posting t...
Security of applications is one of the most important aspects of programming today - and one of the most overlooked and misunderstood. Now we will look at different security problems that face PHP developers and techniques to solve them.
In previous columns, we investigated some background terms relevant to making your Web site live, in addition to some preparatory questions to ask your ISP. Now we step you through uploading your Web site, with specific reference to an FTP program na...
We have looked extensively at interacting with the PostgreSQL relational database; now we look at integrating this into our ongoing project - a database-driven address book. First, we will have to create a table in the PostgreSQL database where we ca...
Whether you are looking for a cost-effective backup solution, or you just want to share files with your friends, a CD writer is pretty much an essential ingredient of any PC these days.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT