With the rise of multiplayer voice chat comes the rise of headsets. This once-luxury peripheral is now about as standard as a mouse and keyboard when it comes to the core PC gaming crowd.
If you are making the step up from an entry level Canon digital SLR to something a little more substantial, you are likely to be confused with the vast range of cameras that are available to choose from. The general rule for Canon cameras is: the low...
Brother’s new range of multifunction inkjet printers for the second half of 2014 includes two models for home office users, as well as two models for small business users that need a bit more oomph. It’s Brother’s first foray into the inkjet business...
When people ask us which laptop is best for their needs, the first thing we tell them is that there is no clear answer. There are too many types of laptops and price ranges to suit those different types of laptops. However, we do give people a checkl...
Microsoft has launched its new operating system, Windows 10. If, like us, you can't wait to get your hands on it, and you're comfortable running pre-release software, then you can download a copy from the Windows Insider Program.
On some laptops, you may have noticed a change in brightness as you go from a screen with a dark background to a screen with a bright background. On a dark background, the screen will dim automatically, while on a bright background it will brighten. ...
Getty Images has one of the largest photo libraries in the world, and the company recently made this library free to use for non-commercial purposes. You are now allowed to browse the Getty Images site for any photo you are after, and then embed that...
To transfer data between an Android smartphone or tablet and a computer, you used to have to connect them via a USB cable. These days, plenty of Cloud services are available, which allow you to keep data from a phone or tablet in sync with a computer...
Some of the Windows 8 tablets on the Australian market have an HDMI port on their side, which can make it a relatively easy task to output video from the tablet onto a TV screen. In this instance, all you will need is the relevant adapter for your de...
Windows 8 tablets are convenient for watching videos that are streamed from the Web. Sometimes, though, when you are finished watching a full-screen video, there is no way to get out of it unless you have a physical keyboard attached (usually via Blu...
If you are using a tablet device running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, and you don’t have a keyboard, taking a screen shot while you are in the Modern UI (Metro interface) requires a little bit of effort.
Evernote isn't a revolution. Like most of the technology products we tend to use regularly in our daily lives, Evernote is an evolution, a collection of good ideas that rolls into a single program the functionality of a half-dozen apps you would othe...
To get a better idea of how Windows 8 works, here are some videos showing some of the new functions and features, including the Start screen, Switcher and Charms.
While it's recommended that you run Windows 8 on modern hardware, the new operating system will run on older computers, as long as they feature the following specifications.
Not unless it is very old. Windows 8 will run just fine on notebooks and desktops that have been purchased over the last couple of years. However, there are a few things that you need to be aware of.
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
- Okta partners with Google to secure cloud identities
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC