Just as you can use a mouse to navigate around the Windows 8 interface, you can also use your notebook's touchpad to perform click-and-drag operations to close and manipulate apps.
The Windows 8 interface has been designed with touchscreens in mind, but it's also possible to navigate it effectively using a keyboard and a mouse. In fact, if you don't have a touchscreen computer, and even if you never plan on getting one, you can...
The most daunting aspect of Windows 8 is its radically changed interface. There is no Windows Start Menu button on the Desktop and when you boot to the new operating system, the first screen you see is not the Desktop, but the new Start screen instea...
This book will guide you through some of the new features that you can expect to find in Windows 8, including the all-important Start screen. We'll also talk a little about some of the new types of computers that are available for Windows 8, and whet...
These days Android phones seem to be in an arms race when it comes to performance, with claims of faster processors, better graphics engines, and more cores. We put a few of the hottest Android phones available today through our rigorous suite of ben...
If you've been considering buying a brand new 3TB or 4TB external hard drive to plug into your TV's USB port for media playback, you might want to reconsider. New drives that use such large capacities also rely on a partitioning format called GPT (GU...
Want to print an email you received on your iPad? How about a photo you snapped with your iPhone? Or a document you just downloaded from Dropbox?
Tablets are becoming increasingly common in the workplace, the home, and even at the top of children's Christmas lists. Just about every company has jumped on the bandwagon, and Microsoft is hoping Windows RT will help it finally crack this tough mar...
Remember the good old days of the LAN party? You might not; thanks to today's prevalence of broadband connections, the availability of free voice and video chat services, and the ample multiplayer support found in most modern games, you no longer hav...
Android can do a lot for you-but you have to know where to begin. Here's a step-by-step guide to making the most of your Android phone's many features.
Can a tablet replace your business laptop? Probably, if you're willing to load it up with the right apps. If you're considering carrying an iPad or Android device around instead of your laptop, you're most likely concerned about sacrificing the funct...
There are plenty of ways to transfer photos from an iOS device to a Mac--I generally email them to myself or use Messages--but it can still be a hassle. A tip recently published on The Iconmaster could be my new solution to the problem.
How powerful is your phone? The question would have been nonsensical a decade ago, but as we increasingly depend on smartphones and tablets for some of our everyday computing needs, paying more attention to their performance makes sense.
RIM (Research in Motion) is the company behind the famous BlackBerry phone. The core function of a BlackBerry smartphone is primarily sending and receiving e-mail and BlackBerry's are widely regarded as the best and most efficient mobile device for b...
LG is arguably more renowned for its budget, low-end smartphones but the company produces a range of premium phones using both the Android and Windows Phone platforms.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's how Microsoft is using containerization to protect Edge users
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ