Malware links suggest that North Korean hackers might be behind recent attacks against several Asian banks, including the theft of $81 million from Bangladesh central bank earlier this year.
A proposal in the U.S. Senate to require smartphone OS developers and other tech vendors to break their own encryption at the request of law enforcement may be dead on arrival.
Windows 10 PC prices have been slowly creeping up, but some new back-to-school Switch tablet/laptop hybrid devices from Acer may be attractive to those on a shoestring budget.
A jury has found in favour of Google in the latest round of a legal battle in which software giant, Oracle, was suing the search behemoth for breach of copyright.
Take one atom of the element antimony, use an ion beam to shoot it into a silicon substrate, and you just may be on your way to building a working quantum computer.
Juniper Networks’ Unite architecture is living up to its name, bringing more enterprise network gear into its system for simplified management and scaling. The latest additions to the lineup are entry-level and midrange access switches that also incl...
A jury in San Francisco has cleared Google of copyright infringement in a case brought by Oracle over Google’s use of Java in Android.
Up to 12 banks have reportedly launched investigations into potential security breaches on their networks after hackers stole $81 million from the Bangladesh central bank earlier this year.
Google is doubling down on its commitment to the business analytics market with the launch of a new free data visualization tool.
Between recent controversies over Facebook's Trending Topics feature and the U.S. legal system's "risk assessment" scores in dealing with criminal defendants, there's probably never been broader interest in the mysterious algorithms that are making d...
A new bill in Congress would require U.S. law enforcement agencies to obtain court-ordered warrants before demanding the emails of the country's residents when they are stored overseas.
A Romanian hacker known online as Guccifer pleaded guilty to hacking into 100 email and social media accounts belonging to American citizens, including former high-ranking government officials.
The thousands of endpoints in IoT systems may have to protect themselves against thousands of dangers. A decades-old IT lab wants to tell you if they’re up to the task.
Telstra Health has won a five-year contract with the Department of Health that will see the healthcare wing of Australia’s largest telco establish and operate the National Cancer Screening Register.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW