Hundreds of thousands of internet gateway devices from around the world, primarily cable modems, are vulnerable to hacking because of a serious weakness in their implementation of the Simple Network Management Protocol.
The Radeon 17.4.4 drivers for AMD graphics cards installed a shortcut to the Quake Champions website on user desktops, without warning or the ability to opt out.
Drivers in France might be able to blame terrorists for their next speeding ticket, as police there crack down on mobile apps warning of their presence.
If you're a network engineer, don't rush out and learn a programming language. To compete in the new world of software-defined networking, it might be more important to start thinking like a programmer. That was one of the ideas that emerged this wee...
Microsoft's device businesses took a hit this quarter, as Microsoft admitted during an earnings call that Surface sales were lower than expected and sales of its branded Windows phones would essentially end by June.
Intel is forecasting a "slight decline" in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD's Ryzen chips could have played a part in that.
Google is still an advertising company, but the tech titan’s cloud business is growing faster than its advertising revenue. That’s one of the key take-aways from the company’s first quarter earnings report released Thursday.
To prove it's going big in PCs, Acer held a product launch event at world's largest IMAX screen in New York. It made a big statement with the Predator Triton 700, a super-thin laptop with some unusual features.
Acer's Aspire GX is the first-ever prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor, but you wouldn't know it from its quiet debut at the Next@Acer event in New York.
Microsoft has set the gold standard for tablet-style 2-in-1s with its Surface Pro, and other PC vendors have followed suit with their own designs. Acer's latest Surface-style device is the Switch 5, which offers a couple of advantages, but also lacks...
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to kill the regulatory foundation for the agency's own 2015 net neutrality rules nevertheless asks for public comment on whether it should "keep, modify, or eliminate" basic protections.
The effort to grow in the virtual reality market has Acer chasing weird, but rather interesting, devices.
Web optimization and security firm Cloudflare launched a service that could allow IoT manufacturers to protect devices from attacks and deploy patches much quicker.
Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop designed for casual gamers, with one distinctive feature: You can adjust the fan speed yourself. Adjusting thermals can be tricky, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.
The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 won't win any awards for innovation or excitement, but it'll do as a travel laptop.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA