With the help of satellites, Alcatel aims to overcome a key hurdle in rolling out broadcast television services over mobile phones: the lack of available spectrum.
Symantec has rolled out the 12th iteration of its pcAnywhere remote-control software, returning to basics with features to ease connectivity.
Sony Computer Entertainment executives are pledging to appeal a judge's ruling that the company violated copyright law in the design of its popular PlayStation.
Google and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on Tuesday went before a judge who has to decide whether the search engine operator needs to comply with a government subpoena requiring it to turn over search usage records.
Criminals appear to have hacked a Chinese bank's server and are using it to host phishing sites to steal personal data from customers of eBay and a major U.S. bank., according to Internet services company Netcraft.
Internet telephony over mobile phones is on the way but don't expect many commercial offerings until operators have made a key network technology enhancement, probably toward the end of 2007 or later in most parts of the world, according to a senior ...
The heavyweight category doesn't just pertain to boxers anymore--it now applies to notebooks. The Envy Heavyweight u:909, a new behemoth of a laptop from VoodooPC, has a 19-inch screen, and weighs in at 16 pounds.
Sony Ericsson introduced the Memory Stick Micro or M2 at CeBIT. It measures 0.6 by 0.5 inch and is 0.05 inch thick (or should that be thin?).
Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 512M-bit DDR (double data rate 2) DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips using an 80-nanometer production process.
Security company, EEye has warned of two serious bugs in Apple media software, putting both Windows and Mac OS X systems at risk.
McAfee's virus-scanning products wreaked havoc on corporate and consumer systems on Friday, after a buggy virus definition file triggered the quarantine or deletion of a long list of executable files -- including Microsoft Excel.
To office workers trudging to their cubicles, the promotion looked like a chance at sweet relief from the five-day-a-week grind.
Integration is a word many companies don't want to hear.
Security vendors are charging that Microsoft's pending antivirus product and upgrades to its next-generation operating system, Windows Vista, won't be enough to guard against rising threats from viruses and criminal malware.
The buzz about high-definition movies on optical discs might be all about HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc, but two companies demonstrated at the Cebit trade show last week a system that delivers HD movies on DVD-like discs for use in cheap players.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCProject ManagerSA