Three security researchers claimed Sunday that they have found the first exploitable vulnerability in Apple's iPhone, a flaw that allows them to steal any data from the device or even to turn it into a remote surveillance tool.
A standardized and vendor-neutral system that measures IT vulnerabilities has been updated to help IT managers prioritize their response to security potential threats.
One week after launching its online gaming portal, the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) has a new media Web site hosting video podcasts of the first six weeks of its military training program.
More complex data protection and data backup requirements for consumers and small to midsize businesses will catapult the use of personal storage devices to a compound annual growth rate of more than 20 percent from 2006 to 2011, according to an IDC ...
Summer dust storms on Mars are causing problems for NASA's twin Mars exploration rovers, blotting out the sunlight they need to recharge their batteries and threatening their operations on the red planet.
Security analysts spotted a gaping security hole in Fox News Network's Web site on Monday, revealing file directories and sensitive content, although it appears the problem has been fixed.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy data center automation software vendor Opsware for about US$1.6 billion. It's the third-largest acquisition in HP's history after its multibillion-dollar purchases of Compaq and Mercury.
Windows Vista's share of online users has increased every month this year, while rival Mac OS X -- to which Vista has often been compared -- has shown little, if any, growth, a metrics company reports.
Pump-and-dump stock scammers have begun using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to deliver their get-rich-quick schemes, another in a series of moves they've made trying to slip past antispam filters.
HP on Monday announced plans to acquire thin-client computing vendor Neoware for approximately US$214 million in a deal HP says will enhance its personal systems technologies.
Intel later this year will help server network interfaces take advantage of the major recent advances in data centers: multiprocessor systems, multicore processors and virtualization.
Details of a new Microsoft Web analytics tool, including when the beta version will be released and how the company will get its demographic data, have leaked onto the Internet.
Fed up with slow tape backup systems and under pressure by regulators and auditors to keep data online and readily available, large and midsize businesses are making disk-to-disk backup technology a top priority in their data centers this year.
Scientists have discovered that "avalanche" effects in spinning magnetic fields can cause data loss in disk drives - and are working on changes to recording layer chemistry that should give us more reliable storage.
An external drive that drops its power down in three stages as inactivity time lengthens has been announced by Kanguru. It is an 80 - 750GB capacity product, connecting to Windows or Mac systems by USB 2.0.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW