A new Trojan horse that started to spread early Sunday via Microsoft's instant messaging client has already infected about 11,000 PCs, a security company said Monday.
For those who have gotten lost, delayed or just plain frustrated on a trip due to a mistaken marker on Google Maps, the company has unveiled a potential solution.
It looks like Veronica Mars and Magnum, PI are getting into the malware business.
Funambol, which makes an open source mobile application server, announced last week that it will be creating a mobile messaging system designed specifically for Google's Android platform.
Microsoft has released to manufacturing its Visual Studio 2008 software development platform and the accompanying .Net Framework 3.5, meaning these technologies are now available for download on MSDN to subscribers, the company said Monday.
IBM has developed an I/O virtualization tool that makes it easier to move workloads from one blade server to another by automating the process of assigning I/O addresses.
An Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) report has found a 20% increase in the proportion of businesses with Internet use, and broadband connectivity as the main connection type, which stands at 82.5% of Australian businesses for the 2005-06 period.
Mainsoft is joining with IBM Monday to enable enterprises to link portals based on .Net with portals built on Java.
Use of Windows DNS Server is falling off dramatically as more users are concerned about the security implications in using the technology.
Paglo Labs, an IT search engine start-up, said Monday it will soon launch beta software that will allow businesses to scour and search all of the IT data from their networks, computers and security systems from a free, Web-based application.
About 25 percent of software development projects within IBM are now employing some manner of "agile" methodology, a company official said Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices will today launch the 'Spider' platform, which combines the company's next-generation quad-core processors, graphics cards and chipsets in one platform to deliver better graphics, performance-per-watt and improved high-definiti...
Amazon.com has unveiled its portable e-book reader, which allows people to wirelessly download books, blogs, newspapers and magazines, the company announced Monday.
With its first public beta of Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008, released last week, Microsoft coincidentally highlighted one of the reasons why Windows Vista adoption figures have remained near-non-existent in the enterprise -- its expensive hardwar...
IBM signed on Monday an agreement to resell Mainsoft's new .Net Extensions for WebSphere Portal product that will allow companies to use .Net to create Java applications for IBM's WebSphere portal.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC