Hitachi Data Systems says it is the first tier one storage vendor to enable customers to power up and power down disk drives on demand, creating a 20 percent cost-of-operation advantage.
Symantec's early-warning system gave its enterprise customers a brief scare late Friday when it erroneously sent an alert that said an Internet-crippling attack was in progress.
IBM has issued a warning to customers that security fixes should be installed for two vulnerabilities in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup software client. The security holes could allow a buffer overrun attack or enable unauthorized access...
DoubleClick is expanding its advertising services for mobile phones, it announced Monday, as it continues waiting to find out if Google's attempt to buy it will pass muster with regulators.
Microsoft has teamed with public relations and marketing agency Burson-Marsteller on a campaign to garner industry support for asking regulators to scrutinize and potentially block the proposed merger of Google and DoubleClick.
Dell is rolling out a line of servers preconfigured with Microsoft's SQL Server database -- a combination that the two vendors claim can top trendy data warehouse appliances on price, performance and ease of installation.
The 25-year-old programmer who unleashed the Panda worm almost a year ago in China was sentenced Monday to four years in prison, a news service reported from Beijing.
Facebook's safety controls and procedures are deficient and fail to properly protect minors from adult sexual predators in the company's social-networking site, New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo charged Monday.
Apple will meet its October deadline for releasing Mac OS X "Leopard," the next edition of its operating system, an analyst said Monday. But its impact won't be close to that of 2005's Tiger, or Mac OS X 10.4.
The long march to the release of Windows Server 2008, aka Longhorn Server, continued on Monday, as Microsoft announced that it is making the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming operating system available for public download
Google Street View application, which has raise privacy concerns because of the street-level views of locations it provides, will respect the local laws of the countries wherever it is available, the company's privacy counsel said Monday in a company...
Dan Lohrmann, Michigan's chief information security officer, found out about the cyber sit-in from a reporter. It was Tuesday, May 15, 2007, and a group calling itself the Electronic Disturbance Theater asked Michigan residents to voice their opposit...
EMC may be set to close a US$76 million purchase of the Mozy online backup product from Berkeley Data Systems, according to a report on the TechCrunch blog.
Google is planning to build a fiber-optic cable under the Pacific Ocean to link its U.S. operations with Asia, according to a report in Communications Day, a telecom industry news and commentary site for Australia and Asia.
Hate Vista? If your PC is running Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Windows Ultimate and you're fed up with the OS you may be able to ditch Vista for XP Pro. Microsoft is quietly allowing you to downgrade to Windows XP Pro.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
- Encrypted email service ProtonMail is now accessible over Tor
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT