IBM is learning from naturally-forming patterns that create seashells, snowflakes and tooth enamel to build its next family of computer chips. The chips made with the new process will eventually be used in IBM's server product lines.
IBM is offering an annual support option for the free version of its DB2 database, the first of the top three database vendors to make such a move.
Mozilla is asking users to test a new add-on for the Firefox browser that lets users monitor their deals on eBay's auction site in real time.
Research In Motion is taking its second stab at the high-end consumer market with the new BlackBerry Curve, even while Nokia unveils some of the least expensive handsets in its line-up.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs fired back at environmentalists, saying the company leads rivals such as Dell and Hewlett-Packard in eliminating toxic chemicals and ramping up recycling plans.
Several mobile phone operators and equipment manufacturers have teamed to test high-speed LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile phone technology in a race to dominate next-generation wireless networks.
Microsoft Monday will finally bring its completely revamped version of its popular online e-mail service out of beta and into full release.
To rebut environmental critics, Apple's CEO Steve Jobs Thursday not only had to spell out the company's recycling plans but also spill a few details about new Mac hardware slated for release later this year.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) may have fallen behind rival Intel in manufacturing efficiencies but product innovations will help the chip maker rebound, said Hector Ruiz, AMD's chairman and CEO, at the company's annual shareholder meeting Thursday.
Microsoft dodged questions this week at the Mix07 Web developer conference about when it plans to update its Internet Explorer (IE) browser to Version 8.
Entrust Wednesday announced an online anti-fraud service that can be a source for information research as well as provide Entrust's fraud-protection and third-party risk-assessment services.
Microsoft will issue seven security updates next week for Windows, Office, Exchange and BizTalk, the company announced Thursday.
Not content with its already tight grip on the high-end graphics card market, NVIDIA has released the 8800 Ultra GPU, a graphics processing unit that offers even faster performance than the all-conquering GeForce 8800 GTX.
Digg.com, the popular site where users determine the placement of new stories by voting, Tuesday found itself in the centre of what some are calling a test case for the power of user-generated content on social networking sites.
AMD introduced a new chipset for mobile computing on wireless networks in an attempt to get ahead of similar news expected soon from rival, Intel.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSitecore DeveloperWA