Facebook is no substitute for face to face - and can have a negative effect on the social development of teams. So says Matt, a network engineer for a large financial services firm. I spoke with Matt by phone, on using social networks for group team ...
For years, many security consultants and well-meaning guidelines have recommended completely disabling ActiveX in Internet browsers (mainly Internet Explorer) to prevent a particular type of Web client-side attack. Running a browser without ActiveX e...
Chris Carrara thought it was interesting that Ticketmaster set up a Facebook site and almost overnight gained more than 150,000 "fans." So he started looking at page after page of Ticketmaster "fan" pages and discovered most had no "friends" at all. ...
For US$399, a company called Psystar, will sell you a solid, mid-level Macintosh compatible computer that runs OSX Leopard - the Open Mac. Is this the beginning of another Clone era in Macintosh history?
Self publishers of England unite! That appears to be the rallying cry at YouWriteOn.com. The "UK's Leading Writers Website," sponsored by Arts Council England, is the latest to take up the cudgel against the Amazon's new print on demand (POD) policy....
A Google Maps mashup called the Map Channels Hotels Directory shows you all hotels with availability listed in order of price. Just punch in the city, the check-in date and the number of nights you'll be staying, and it will lay out all your options....
Mac users have long gloated that the Mac OS is safer than Windows. The gloating should stop: There's plenty of recent evidence that Vista is, in fact, a safer operating system than Mac OS X.
The US Justice Department seems to believe that if you tell a big enough lie, people will listen. Here's the latest: Attorney General Michael Mukasey claims that terrorists sell pirated software as a way to finance their operations, without presentin...
Microsoft has taken plenty of heat in the Vista "junk PC" lawsuit. If the company is smart, it will take those criticisms to heart, and make sure it doesn't make the same mistakes when it launches Windows 7. Here's what I think that suit means for Wi...
Apple has made such a mess of its Safari 3.1 browser for Windows that Windows users should consider boycotting the browser, because of an underhanded way of distributing it, that according to CEO honcho John Lilly says "borders on malware."
German people say Hasselhoff is a god. Who do you believe?
I'll read blogs online only if I'm forced into it. My preference is to have the blog delivered to me and see it first as e-mail. That way I can choose to read it now or later or not at all.
I get lots of e-mail asking if I have a smart fix for a dumb computing hassle. Boy, do I--times six. Here are my freebie favorites.
Have you ever bumped into a Microsoft Knowledgebase article that tells you there's am update for your particularly gnarly Windows problem -- but you have to jump through hoops to get the fix?
"I don't know what succession planning will look like in upper management 15 years from now. I really don't. It's got to be a whole different brave new world"
Multitask throughout your day with music on the go. Windows 10 gets you in the mood to be productive.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
- Porsche Design's Book One looks to outrace Microsoft's Surface Book
- SHA-1 collision can break SVN code repositories
- Google is giving away a Chromecast with the Google Home
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW