Facebook is no substitute for face to face - and can have a negative effect on the social development of teams. So says Matt, a network engineer for a large financial services firm. I spoke with Matt by phone, on using social networks for group team ...
For years, many security consultants and well-meaning guidelines have recommended completely disabling ActiveX in Internet browsers (mainly Internet Explorer) to prevent a particular type of Web client-side attack. Running a browser without ActiveX e...
Chris Carrara thought it was interesting that Ticketmaster set up a Facebook site and almost overnight gained more than 150,000 "fans." So he started looking at page after page of Ticketmaster "fan" pages and discovered most had no "friends" at all. ...
For US$399, a company called Psystar, will sell you a solid, mid-level Macintosh compatible computer that runs OSX Leopard - the Open Mac. Is this the beginning of another Clone era in Macintosh history?
Self publishers of England unite! That appears to be the rallying cry at YouWriteOn.com. The "UK's Leading Writers Website," sponsored by Arts Council England, is the latest to take up the cudgel against the Amazon's new print on demand (POD) policy....
A Google Maps mashup called the Map Channels Hotels Directory shows you all hotels with availability listed in order of price. Just punch in the city, the check-in date and the number of nights you'll be staying, and it will lay out all your options....
Mac users have long gloated that the Mac OS is safer than Windows. The gloating should stop: There's plenty of recent evidence that Vista is, in fact, a safer operating system than Mac OS X.
The US Justice Department seems to believe that if you tell a big enough lie, people will listen. Here's the latest: Attorney General Michael Mukasey claims that terrorists sell pirated software as a way to finance their operations, without presentin...
Microsoft has taken plenty of heat in the Vista "junk PC" lawsuit. If the company is smart, it will take those criticisms to heart, and make sure it doesn't make the same mistakes when it launches Windows 7. Here's what I think that suit means for Wi...
Apple has made such a mess of its Safari 3.1 browser for Windows that Windows users should consider boycotting the browser, because of an underhanded way of distributing it, that according to CEO honcho John Lilly says "borders on malware."
German people say Hasselhoff is a god. Who do you believe?
I'll read blogs online only if I'm forced into it. My preference is to have the blog delivered to me and see it first as e-mail. That way I can choose to read it now or later or not at all.
I get lots of e-mail asking if I have a smart fix for a dumb computing hassle. Boy, do I--times six. Here are my freebie favorites.
Have you ever bumped into a Microsoft Knowledgebase article that tells you there's am update for your particularly gnarly Windows problem -- but you have to jump through hoops to get the fix?
"I don't know what succession planning will look like in upper management 15 years from now. I really don't. It's got to be a whole different brave new world"
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC