Facebook is no substitute for face to face - and can have a negative effect on the social development of teams. So says Matt, a network engineer for a large financial services firm. I spoke with Matt by phone, on using social networks for group team ...
For years, many security consultants and well-meaning guidelines have recommended completely disabling ActiveX in Internet browsers (mainly Internet Explorer) to prevent a particular type of Web client-side attack. Running a browser without ActiveX e...
Chris Carrara thought it was interesting that Ticketmaster set up a Facebook site and almost overnight gained more than 150,000 "fans." So he started looking at page after page of Ticketmaster "fan" pages and discovered most had no "friends" at all. ...
For US$399, a company called Psystar, will sell you a solid, mid-level Macintosh compatible computer that runs OSX Leopard - the Open Mac. Is this the beginning of another Clone era in Macintosh history?
Self publishers of England unite! That appears to be the rallying cry at YouWriteOn.com. The "UK's Leading Writers Website," sponsored by Arts Council England, is the latest to take up the cudgel against the Amazon's new print on demand (POD) policy....
A Google Maps mashup called the Map Channels Hotels Directory shows you all hotels with availability listed in order of price. Just punch in the city, the check-in date and the number of nights you'll be staying, and it will lay out all your options....
Mac users have long gloated that the Mac OS is safer than Windows. The gloating should stop: There's plenty of recent evidence that Vista is, in fact, a safer operating system than Mac OS X.
The US Justice Department seems to believe that if you tell a big enough lie, people will listen. Here's the latest: Attorney General Michael Mukasey claims that terrorists sell pirated software as a way to finance their operations, without presentin...
Microsoft has taken plenty of heat in the Vista "junk PC" lawsuit. If the company is smart, it will take those criticisms to heart, and make sure it doesn't make the same mistakes when it launches Windows 7. Here's what I think that suit means for Wi...
Apple has made such a mess of its Safari 3.1 browser for Windows that Windows users should consider boycotting the browser, because of an underhanded way of distributing it, that according to CEO honcho John Lilly says "borders on malware."
German people say Hasselhoff is a god. Who do you believe?
I'll read blogs online only if I'm forced into it. My preference is to have the blog delivered to me and see it first as e-mail. That way I can choose to read it now or later or not at all.
I get lots of e-mail asking if I have a smart fix for a dumb computing hassle. Boy, do I--times six. Here are my freebie favorites.
Have you ever bumped into a Microsoft Knowledgebase article that tells you there's am update for your particularly gnarly Windows problem -- but you have to jump through hoops to get the fix?
"I don't know what succession planning will look like in upper management 15 years from now. I really don't. It's got to be a whole different brave new world"
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW