We're always trying to figure out why IT is vilified and demeaned by the "cost center" label uttered by CEOs, CFOs and other senior leaders. ("But, but...we're not really true business partners?!")
I've been immersed in the world of technology, IT vendors and business software for nearly 13 years, and there are lots of things to love and lots of things to hate. But there also many bewildering things about the tech world that still make me scrat...
Uber “micro-blogging” service Twitter has seen a drastic spike in popularity in recent days thanks to the support of a number of high-profile celebrities like Kelso--ahem, Ashton Kutcher--and the Queen Bee of Middle America, Oprah Winfrey. Along with...
Within the last few days Microsoft quietly announced it is killing its Encarta encyclopedia, with the actual date of death October, 2009. What it hinted at, but didn't quite say, was that Wikipedia killed it.
Cyberspies are lurking on government networks in more than 100 countries, thanks (probably) to the Chinese government. Welcome to Cold War 2.0.
A judge enters a courtroom.
I'm thinking maybe this whole social media thing has gone too far. Maybe we don't really need to know what everyone we've ever encountered is doing every single moment of their lives in 140 characters or less. It's starting to distort our collective ...
Are those search ads starting to look a little too personal? Welcome to Google's new behavioral ad strategy. Better keep your nose clean.
I have more do's and don'ts (okay, mostly don'ts) to add, based on subsequent conversations with other headhunters.
Australian wireless Internet provider Unwired will struggle to meet initial cost projections for the rollout of its WiMAX network.
With three days to go until myKP's unlimited broadband plans are unveiled, Australia's newest ISP still has an up-hill battle ahead of it.
It seems the NBN saga shows no signs of slowing down. Or ever being over for that matter.
Uptime and performance are always key issues with broadband services, but the good news is that Australia's broadband performance is on the rise.
Telstra is the best broadband provider in the country -- at least according to one report.
Many of us have, at some point, logged-on to an unsecured wireless network in the hope of being able to access the Internet for free. Usually, we do it when we are desperate, such as when we're staying at a hotel and don't want to pay hourly fees, or...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT