We're always trying to figure out why IT is vilified and demeaned by the "cost center" label uttered by CEOs, CFOs and other senior leaders. ("But, but...we're not really true business partners?!")
I've been immersed in the world of technology, IT vendors and business software for nearly 13 years, and there are lots of things to love and lots of things to hate. But there also many bewildering things about the tech world that still make me scrat...
Uber “micro-blogging” service Twitter has seen a drastic spike in popularity in recent days thanks to the support of a number of high-profile celebrities like Kelso--ahem, Ashton Kutcher--and the Queen Bee of Middle America, Oprah Winfrey. Along with...
Within the last few days Microsoft quietly announced it is killing its Encarta encyclopedia, with the actual date of death October, 2009. What it hinted at, but didn't quite say, was that Wikipedia killed it.
Cyberspies are lurking on government networks in more than 100 countries, thanks (probably) to the Chinese government. Welcome to Cold War 2.0.
A judge enters a courtroom.
I'm thinking maybe this whole social media thing has gone too far. Maybe we don't really need to know what everyone we've ever encountered is doing every single moment of their lives in 140 characters or less. It's starting to distort our collective ...
Are those search ads starting to look a little too personal? Welcome to Google's new behavioral ad strategy. Better keep your nose clean.
I have more do's and don'ts (okay, mostly don'ts) to add, based on subsequent conversations with other headhunters.
Australian wireless Internet provider Unwired will struggle to meet initial cost projections for the rollout of its WiMAX network.
With three days to go until myKP's unlimited broadband plans are unveiled, Australia's newest ISP still has an up-hill battle ahead of it.
It seems the NBN saga shows no signs of slowing down. Or ever being over for that matter.
Uptime and performance are always key issues with broadband services, but the good news is that Australia's broadband performance is on the rise.
Telstra is the best broadband provider in the country -- at least according to one report.
Many of us have, at some point, logged-on to an unsecured wireless network in the hope of being able to access the Internet for free. Usually, we do it when we are desperate, such as when we're staying at a hotel and don't want to pay hourly fees, or...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA