We're always trying to figure out why IT is vilified and demeaned by the "cost center" label uttered by CEOs, CFOs and other senior leaders. ("But, but...we're not really true business partners?!")
I've been immersed in the world of technology, IT vendors and business software for nearly 13 years, and there are lots of things to love and lots of things to hate. But there also many bewildering things about the tech world that still make me scrat...
Uber “micro-blogging” service Twitter has seen a drastic spike in popularity in recent days thanks to the support of a number of high-profile celebrities like Kelso--ahem, Ashton Kutcher--and the Queen Bee of Middle America, Oprah Winfrey. Along with...
Within the last few days Microsoft quietly announced it is killing its Encarta encyclopedia, with the actual date of death October, 2009. What it hinted at, but didn't quite say, was that Wikipedia killed it.
Cyberspies are lurking on government networks in more than 100 countries, thanks (probably) to the Chinese government. Welcome to Cold War 2.0.
A judge enters a courtroom.
I'm thinking maybe this whole social media thing has gone too far. Maybe we don't really need to know what everyone we've ever encountered is doing every single moment of their lives in 140 characters or less. It's starting to distort our collective ...
Are those search ads starting to look a little too personal? Welcome to Google's new behavioral ad strategy. Better keep your nose clean.
I have more do's and don'ts (okay, mostly don'ts) to add, based on subsequent conversations with other headhunters.
Australian wireless Internet provider Unwired will struggle to meet initial cost projections for the rollout of its WiMAX network.
With three days to go until myKP's unlimited broadband plans are unveiled, Australia's newest ISP still has an up-hill battle ahead of it.
It seems the NBN saga shows no signs of slowing down. Or ever being over for that matter.
Uptime and performance are always key issues with broadband services, but the good news is that Australia's broadband performance is on the rise.
Telstra is the best broadband provider in the country -- at least according to one report.
Many of us have, at some point, logged-on to an unsecured wireless network in the hope of being able to access the Internet for free. Usually, we do it when we are desperate, such as when we're staying at a hotel and don't want to pay hourly fees, or...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC