A few years ago some Australian ISPs got into a bit of hot water with their "unlimited" plans. The problem? They weren't actually unlimited. Thanks to careful wording and legal genius these plans offered limited (and often insufficient) download quot...
Another year has passed us by, another one awaits us. With it comes new opportunities and exciting new times.
If you are a relative novice when it comes to using the Internet, there are few things you should know to keep yourself safe, especially when e-mailing and using social media.
Fresh from losing the chance to build Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN), Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo was last week shouting about some new technologies from the rooftops.
Moving house is never easy, and it can be downright frustrating if you have to get Telstra involved. You'll need to get Telstra involved if you want to install a phone line that will allow you to go with any third-party ISP of your choice.
The RIAA has called off some of its pit bulls, but don't expect a kindler gentler trade org to emerge in 2009.
I don't know what it is -- the holidays, the waning days of the Bush Administration, or just something in the air -- but the war over sex on the Net has reached a new and disturbing level.
Yes you heard me right. Free Internet... if you happen to live in the Domus apartment complex in Perth. If not, sorry, but no free Internet for you.
The backlash against the Federal Government's plan to censor has been unprecedented.
Wireless networks sure do offer convenience and ease of use when it comes to browsing the Web from your laptop, or sharing your printer across many computers.
Telstra today announced that the world's first commercial call over a 21Mbps eHSPA network was made in Australia last week.
There is a good chance that Telstra will win the contract for the national broadband network, because the government will deem it to be the safest option in this time of economic uncertainty.
What do you do when your ADSL2+ connection has been working fine for weeks and then all of a sudden, when you need to make an online booking or transfer some bank funds, you find that the lights on your modem are flashing and that the status of your ...
After a wild and passionate youth, YouTube and Ning have both announced they're adopting a policy of abstinence. Heck, they might even join a convent. Why? Money, of course.
The Julie Amero case has stirred up a lot of emotions, including some from Cringe readers who feel I was less than fair in my description of the expert witness hired by Amero's attorney, Herb Horner. You know what? They're right.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW