Next to a laptop's screen, the hard drive is one of the most sensitive parts you need to be concerned with. Samsung's new SSD (solid state disk) replaces a hard disk drive with flash memory (NAND flash, to be precise). The result: a more reliable, qu...
Look inside a desktop PC and you'll find processors, drives, random access memory, video and audio adapters, and more. Yet mostly these big boxes enclose air.
With Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday now behind us, the holiday shopping season is in full swing. But shopping for Mac users and Apple fans can sometimes be a challenge -- especially if you want to get something other than the obvious cho...
Sony Ericsson's latest Walkman phone is the W960i, boasting a whopping 8GB of internal memory.
Anyone responsible for managing a data center understands the increasing importance of power efficiency. This is especially the case in data centers where consolidation and higher-density equipment have packed more and more devices into less floor sp...
Revolutionary in size and value the ASUS Eee PC hails as the <i>"world's easiest PC"</i>.
Programming is hard - always has been, always will be. No matter how experienced you are, or what kind of tools you use, there are always problems that make you gnash your teeth and think about getting an MBA or becoming a manager.
Moving to a new office is never fun. The same goes for moving to a major new release of Microsoft Office -- which Office 2007 happens to be.
"Choice" is undoubtedly a value proposition for the Samsung FP-T6374 -- some would say too much of it.
Don't want to sing "I Fought the RIAA and the RIAA Won?" These five services will keep you entertained and out of court.
Understanding the principal product of the IT industry in 80 pages? Sign us up for that.
For laptop owners, flash-memory drives boost battery life and performance while making notebooks lighter and more bearable for frequent business travelers. In the data center, benefits include higher reliability than their magnetic counterparts, lowe...
When Microsoft released Windows Vista to businesses exactly one year ago, near-term expectations weren't high.
Companies that specialize in helping businesses speed delivery of their applications and Web content are increasingly involving themselves in IT security as the continued proliferation of systems-defense technologies has become a potential roadblock ...
A little over a year ago, social networking site Facebook opened its doors to nonstudents, and since that time, businesspeople and the computer-savvy have flocked to it. A big reason for the site's allure is not just the number of people who use it, ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA