As long as IT managers encrypt data using only one vendor's products, the keys used to decrypt that data can be relatively easy to manage. But it will likely become much more complicated as more vendors build encryption into more and different types ...
Many organizations can't understand why their software doesn't perform as expected, or why users make unexpected errors. According to David Crow, usability advisor at Microsoft Canada and Jay Goldman, president of Radiant Core in Toronto, waking up t...
Halo 3 is one of the finest-looking games we've ever seen. Fresh out of the fight, Travis Moses details the 65 most amazing OMG! moments in Halo 3. We guarantee you haven't seen all of these memorable moments!
I can't find much difference between the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) members' business model and a band of large-scale ticket scalpers, but lately they and their music-industry cousins in the Recording Industry Association of America...
For Scott McCollum, IT services director at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio, network security can't mean one thing for the wired LAN and another for wireless connections.
Organizational leaders have absorbed the buzz surrounding green tech. Yet the allure of environmental stewardship alone isn't inspiring the majority of companies adopting greener practices. Rather, those all-important greenbacks -- in the form of low...
Virtual servers are prone to the same attacks that plague physical servers, as well as to new threats that exploit weaknesses in hypervisor technology, experts warn.
There's no question that blogs are multiplying in cyberspace. Now they're infiltrating businesses, too, even if the IT departments haven't sanctioned their implementations.
It's that time of year when even adults' thoughts turn to toys. For IT pros and technology lovers, that means gadgets and cool apps. Chances are that you've got an Apple iPod Touch on your list, if not already in your pocket. And a high-def TiVo, App...
You want to be nice. When friends or family call you with computer trouble, you try to help them. But no matter how much you know about PCs, correcting a problem can be a challenge when you're talking to someone who doesn't know a task bar from a USB...
These former technology luminaries have all taken different paths. How different? One's a country doctor, one's a budding movie mogul, and one teaches toddlers--and he's not even alive.
Femto cells are supposed to solve all the 3G operators' problems. They are small 3G base stations inside users' homes or offices, which increase cellular coverage, and use the subscriber's broadband to connect over the Internet to the phone network. ...
No one is unhappy with Mac OS X Version 10.4, known as Tiger. OS X is not an application platform (I bristle at using the term "operating system" for OS X; I explain why below) that needed repair, speeding up, or exterior renovation. Motivations for ...
Discussions of kernel quality are not a new phenomenon on linux-kernel. It is, indeed, a topic which comes up with a certain regularity, more so than with many other free software projects. The size of the kernel, the rate at which its code changes, ...
Now it's crunch time. This is the most punishingly high-pressure part of the year, with immovable December deadlines marching ever closer. Nerves will be frayed, stupidity will flare up, and you need to give your people all the help and support you ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT