If there's one thing the digital revolution has taught us, it's that we shouldn't get too attached to anything. Technology has a way of seizing long-held ideas and entrenched industries and turning them upside-down.
Quick -- what was the first personal computer you ever owned? You don't have to think about it for even a second, do you? No matter how many machines you've had over the years, you always remember your first -- usually with great fondness.
PCs now come in all shapes and forms, so here are a few unique form factors that add some unusual style to your setup.
The third instalment of the phenomenally popular Sims series is preparing to invade your neighbourhood!
Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
Leopard Server, the newest version of Mac OS X Server, sports many updated features. One of the most innovative is a new interface that simplifies server setup and management. This interface is designed primarily for small businesses or small workgro...
You're going to want to swipe this MacBook Pro. And pinch it. And twirl it, too.
An employee looking to steal confidential information from his employer sneaks into what should be a secure back room after hours. He pulls charts and files from a top-level financial meeting and slides them into his briefcase before heading back out...
"As the mind learns to understand more complicated combinations of ideas, simpler formulae soon reduce their complexity." -Antoine-Nicholas de Condorcet, 1794
Novell wants to shed historical comparisons with industry titans and focus on developing its core technologies into a set of infrastructure services it says will define its success going forward, according to company CEO Ron Hovsepian.
Take a sneak-peak at Intel's next generation CPU, which looks like it will be a monster, on paper at least. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book, the new CPU brings onboard its own memory controller, it embraces a three-level cache, and the front side bus...
The free apps you can't live without.
With a USB keychain drive and a little forethought, you can carry a personalized computer everywhere and leave your laptop at home.
The great-granddaddy of the Survival Horror genre has returned from the grave to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. With its unique television-inspired episodic structure and a plot penned by New York Times best-selling author Lorenzo Carcater...
Google makes your life easier with great search, but did you also know it's loaded with pranks, goofs, and put-ons? We show you the best of the bunch.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW