VMware may have the market share and, with its recent successful IPO, all the momentum.
With the recent initial public offering of VMware being greeted with a resounding cheer from investors, it's clear that virtualization is increasingly important to businesses. Corporations are working virtualization strategies into their budgets and ...
With 29 independent micro-brewers scattered across the province, each with a unique story to tell, Ontario Craft Brewers decided that podcasts would be the perfect way to create that "personal, authentic" relationship with its beer drinkers.
If you think migrating to IPv6 is as simple as upgrading to Microsoft Windows Vista, think again.
So you're switching from Windows to Linux? Great. Like other users and organizations who've taken the plunge, it's likely you're making the move to take advantage of Linux's stability and reliance on open standards. Now all you have to do is prepare ...
While Todd Sharp is driving down the highway between Charlotte and Atlanta, a new sales order triggers a lookup for the customer phone number and salesperson (that would be Todd) assigned to it. The system then polls Siemens OpenScape UC (unified co...
The burgeoning population of road vehicles in Bangalore is widely seen as a sign of the change in its economic landscape. In the literal sense, though, the landscape has posed a string of issues for governance, the traffic police on the ground and th...
Cisco's 6-year-old Self-Defending Network strategy for securing converged networks remains a work in progress: Acquisitions and internal developments are moving it forward even as customers push Cisco to go above and beyond its initial plans.
This article is reprinted from The Official Ubuntu Book, 2nd Edition, by Benjamin Mako Hill and Jono Bacon, with permission of publisher Prentice Hall Professional, copyright 2007, all rights reserved. While instructions are specific for Ubuntu Linux...
After lots of hemming and hawing, obfuscation and obdurate executive attitudes, Microsoft came clean today, sort of, about Vista's first service pack. The company confirmed a three-month launch window and said it would shortly move Service Pack 1 int...
As young adults who grew up on e-mail and online chat enter the workforce, they bring with them a set of newer technologies designed for rapid-fire communication and workplace personalization. Much of this technology may represent better, faster ways...
Depending on whom you ask, the data-center phenomenon of metal whiskering is either a relatively uncommon fluke or a crisis waiting to happen.
For much of its first 15 years, Gateway was the popular and whimsical midwestern PC vendor in America's heartland, complete with cute black-and-white cow-themed shipping boxes and humorous magazine advertisements.
Many entrepreneurs spend a lot of time and money trying to land new customers, an extremely important goal if you're trying to grow your business. But what are you doing to keep the customers you already have?
The last thing you need when you're unemployed is a bank account that's suddenly emptied. But that's exactly what some unwary users of US employment search site Monster.com faced after identity thieves made off with the personal information of more t...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectACT