Does Vista suck? The word on the Web is that it sucks badly enough that we should all don iSheep caps and adopt Macs or Penguins. I usually don't get into those kinds of arguments because they amount to OS holy wars. My inbox fills with angry anti-Mi...
Safer Networking's Spybot Search & Destroy aims to provide free real-time protection against spyware. However, its version number hasn't changed since we reviewed the product a year ago; and based on recent tests, the program no longer provides good ...
Grisoft, well known for its AVG Anti-Virus software launched its antispyware software in June 2006 under the name of Ewido. Grisoft got the technology from Ewido Networks, which it had purchased two months earlier. Now named AVG Anti-Spyware, the sl...
I played with Google's new "YouTube Desktop" application (in beta) for a couple hours today, and came away with mixed impressions.
When companies consider rolling out mobile-data applications, several issues always come up that strike fear in the hearts of CIOs, who don't want to make major investments in an emerging technology that later proves to be unreliable, insecure or pro...
Symantec recently posted details about a new version of MPack, a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/mpack_getting_more_dangerous.html">for-sale Web attack kit</a> that loads up a site with exploits against W...
Here are some more tips and practical suggestions for improving the security of shopping online, from former graduate student Steven Zeligman:
Mitigating network-borne threats has been an imperative to companies of all sizes and statures. As if malware and viral infestation weren't enough, today's corporations must contend with even bigger bugs, including regulatory compliance, information ...
When the Estonian government was hit with major, sustained denial-of-service attacks this spring, the headlines screamed that it was the first incident of modern cyber warfare.
Linux buffs tend to scoff at one of the major reasons that Windows users like me haven't switched yet: We don't want to give up our favorite applications. With countless open-source options, plus a rising number of commercial apps for Linux, their ar...
Like other public companies that handle credit cards, TiVo faces a double whammy: meeting the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the Payment Card Industry data security standard. Through a savvy combination of proactive auditor relations, aut...
For years, Inttra, an e-commerce logistics provider to the world's largest cargo-shipping organizations, has been using virtualization on its back-end IBM mainframe and Citrix Systems servers in a secure environment. Now the Parsippany, N.J., company...
Tom works for Fergenschmeir Fergenschmeir just decided to merge with Widgeteria, where Susan works. The two employees are leading the merger effort, and during an initial call quickly realize they need to be able to share loads of data quickly. So Su...
Everybody knows virtualization isn't just about VMware anymore. Many users are past the rush to server virtualization and now need to increase the benefits of the move. They need not only to improve efficiency, performance and management, but also to...
With a flock of new database management packages suddenly hitting the market, you'll forgive your database administrator (DBA) if they suddenly seem to be in a spending mood.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's greatest crowd-funded travel products online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC