Stephen Elop, the new head of Microsoft's business division, may be a mystery man to those outside of Silicon Valley. But those who have worked for him say Elop, 44, is a no-nonsense, hardworking sales executive who helped take Flash maker Macromedia...
Microsoft, with 70,000 employees spread out across the world, is deep into a corporatewide evaluation of how it can become a more environmentally friendly corporation.
The Web has been in 2.0 mode for a while now, and in-car tech is starting to follow suit.
After a rocky start, the latest flavor of wi-fi, 802.11n, should come into its own this year, with prices for new equipment coming down significantly and lots of options for sale to add 802.11n technology without getting rid of your older gear. And n...
There are certainly enough critics who throw rocks at IE, but we're taking the high road and looking at how users can dress up the old girl with an array of extensions for corporate users, developers and those who just want to have some fun. With add...
Data breaches cost companies an average of US$197 per record in 2007, according to a study by the Ponemon Institute. The average cost of a data breach was US$6.3 million, up from US$4.8 million in 2006.
The rapid consolidation in the anti-data leakage market in the past year is enough to make an IT manager's head spin: This segment of the security sector ballooned to include dozens of start-ups, then even more quickly dwindled down to a few independ...
Like many gearheads, I've owned a lot of portable computers over the years -- and I've wanted to replace every last one with a smaller, sleeker upgrade, from the "luggable" Apple IIc onward. But most of those upgrades have left me disappointed: with ...
Don't like the way Internet Explorer 7 looks or works? Then change it. There are plenty of ways you can hack it, tweak it or just make it simpler to use. In this article, you'll find out how to speed up IE's display of Web sites, build your own Sea...
Crowdsourcing, mob wisdom, interactive ideation, artificial AI -- call it what you will, but the idea of tapping external collaborators to develop or enhance products and services is far from revolutionary.
When federal agents announced on November 29 that they'd indicted or convicted eight individuals accused of using botnets (networks of computers infected with Trojan horse applications) to engage in criminal activity, the press release barely explain...
Will 2008 see the first serious security exploit in corporate VoIP networks? Or will network security breakdowns cast a pall on the upcoming presidential elections and Olympic games? Will users' Web 2.0 forays open the malware floodgates?
You can forget inventions like air conditioning, television, the computer and the Internet. The single most important invention of the 20th century was the transistor, according to some researchers and analysts.
Another round of business travel is upon me all too suddenly, so I'm loading my video iPod as I frantically throw jumbles of clothing into a suitcase. It's easy to rip digital files from my CD collection, which is why I have 25GB of music loaded in s...
First, the data center dialed back its power consumption. Now it's the front office's turn.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW