More and more IT shops are validating the benefits of desktop and server virtualization, from energy efficiency to better resource utilization. But if you're still leery of forking over big dollars for the technology, there are some low-cost and no-c...
Google is expanding seemingly by the minute, and acquisitions are playing a big role in the search engine leader's quest to rule the technology world. Wednesday Google said it will buy a photo-sharing Web site called Panoramio and confirmed the acqui...
It's a simple equation: as data storage needs to grow, so do storage costs. And as the costs for physical space and energy (for both powering up and cooling down the hardware) continue to rise, storage efficiency will become a higher priority. Here a...
For consumers, the Macintosh's hip quotient is being hammered home with one of the largest and most memorable advertising campaigns in Apple history. But the enterprise isn't getting any of that attention.
A US engineer has devised a seemingly foolproof and cheap way to encrypt messages using the natural noise caused by electrons flowing along a wire.
Mobile security threats are a relatively minor annoyance to a handful of users in Europe and Asia. However, conditions are rapidly ripening for these threats to start overwhelming both companies and individual users in North America.
The recent spate of malware attacks propagating throughout the user base of the Skype Internet calling system illustrates a broader trend toward cyber-criminals moving to take advantage of VOIP platforms as they become increasingly popular.
Company pays $11.4 million for the domain name www.porn.com (Our reporters read the articles thoroughly to bring you this story.)
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Blogging is more popular than ever. We all have personal opinions, and now you can get paid to have your say.
PC World recently went to a "live hacking" event where representatives from a leading Australian software security firm showed how "easy" it can be to compromise an unsuspecting users bank account.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
Enterprise desktop phones face growing competition from wireless handsets, but they aren't going the way of the typewriter just yet.
Is that summer downpour flooding your basement? Did Rover get into the garbage again? Is your 50-inch flat-panel TV still in place? Find out from anywhere by using your PC to create an affordable home surveillance system that you can access over the ...
If you're wondering what fourth-generation wireless deployments and services mean to you, you're not alone.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC