The "Save XP" petition asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP available indefinitely, not end most sales on June 30 as currently planned, has prompted many readers to suggest that maybe the best answer for those who don't like Vista is to switch to anot...
It doesn't take a genius to catch on to the fact that in IT, innovation is a mandate. Push the envelope of what's possible, or find yourself relegated to wayside. But, to borrow a favored David St. Hubbins Spinal Tap aphorism, there's a fine line bet...
Blu-ray battled HD DVD to the death to win the high-def format war. What's ahead now for the average user? Here are our expert's pros and cons.
So the high-definition DVD war's over, and to the victor go the spoils.
A recent string of high-profile ActiveX vulnerabilities caused the US Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) to advise users to disable the ubiquitous Microsoft browser plug-in technology altogether. The vectors for these recent exploits include...
Beautifully rendered with an above-average plot, Bioware's new sci-fi epic for the Xbox 360 still turns out to be a disappointingly overhyped encore to Microsoft's main holiday act in gaming, Halo 3
Last week's raid on Intel's Munich office by European Commission investigators marks the latest development in one of several antitrust cases that have dogged the world's largest chip maker for years. Here's a rundown of Intel's brushes with antitrus...
By now, you've read all about the wildly hyped MacBook Air, the slenderized version of Apple's MacBook line that looks like it's been run over by a steamroller.
The high-definition movie disc battle between HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc can be traced all the way back to 2000, when companies began experimenting with using new blue lasers in optical disc systems.
Datacentre staffers are challenged when processing capacity is increased within existing facilities. While the reliability of hardware, software and networks has been improving, electrical and mechanical infrastructure improvements lag behind. Forens...
On the surface, Web advertising seems healthy. Revenue in the US last year was up 27 per cent to US$25.5 billion, according to IDC.
Samsung's flagship handset for the first half of 2008 is the Soul, an abbreviation of "The Spirit of Ultra".
US consumers using an expanding array of broadband services, including movie downloads, video games, online backup, and streaming audio and video, are flooding the nation's broadband pipes with data--and it could cost them.
Early products and services that shift voice calls seamlessly between wireless LAN and cellular networks are proving themselves to enterprise users.
He spoofed the HR director's work phone number, then the number of that guy's boss, before moving up to a vice president, and finally, the CEO. Says he had no choice, and that "this thing that I did is bad and should be outlawed."
With a wide variety of digital devices available at our finger tips today, more and more people are suffering from eyestrain. Find out how Essilor Eyezen™ can help keep your sight safe and remove eye fatigue.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- US probe of drone collisions with aircraft points to birds
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW