Several big telecommunications operators and, in particular, the world's largest software maker, Microsoft, hope to sway many couch potatoes to zap their old-fashioned notions about television and tune into the convergence of TV and the Internet.
The record industry has been targeting online music sharing for years, but now it has undertaken a new war -- against "casual piracy."
Hospital IT infrastructures form a complex transactional environment in which pulling applications and information together can be not just mission-critical, but also a matter of life and death.
Wi-Fi on airplanes just got a lot more entertaining. Boeing last week launched a streaming television delivered straight to your laptop as part of its Connexion by Boeing high-speed Internet service. The video service will debut on Singapore Airlines...
Faster LCD pixel response time is supposed to make scrolling, video, and games move more smoothly. Unfortunately, the response time figures that vendors quote aren't particularly useful for comparison shoppers.
Service-oriented architecture (SOA) is an evolution of distributed computing based on the request/reply design paradigm for synchronous and asynchronous applications. An application's business logic or individual functions are modularized and present...
With a plethora of options, which media should you choose the next time you buy?
AMD fans need wait no longer for dual-core desktop processors -- they're ready now. And in our exclusive tests of an AMD reference system, we found that it beat Intel's dual-core Pentium Extreme Edition across the board.
Internet telephone service's appeal as a cutting-edge technology for cutting phone costs is convincing more and more people to ditch their landlines and go hi-tech with Voice over Internet Protocol.
For years, PC Cards have been the preferred means of connecting high-bandwidth peripherals to notebooks and other portables. Now, they're getting a makeover: Today's credit card-like format is giving way to a smaller, faster, and more desktop-friendl...
Watching a poorly adjusted TV -- whether it's the standard-definition variety or a high-definition set -- is like being served overcooked food: Regardless of how much you paid for it, you're not getting your money's worth. And HDTV benefits from care...
The knock against low-end CRM (customer relationship management) software has traditionally been that it takes a one-size-fits-most approach that does not work for businesses with complex processes. If you need customisation, you're steered toward th...
Virus writers, scammers and spammers are plying their trade via instant messaging. Liane Cassavoy and Andrew Brandt identify the real threats and offer tips on avoiding them.
Playing virtual God has proved to be appealing. "The Sims 1" was already the world's best-selling video game when Electronic Arts sold more than a million copies of "The Sims 2" within 10 days after its September release, the biggest video game launc...
Can the browser meet the demands of on-demand? On-demand apps are by definition Web apps. That won't come as a shock to enterprises because most of the latest internally deployed enterprise apps -- besides a few client/server holdouts -- already rely...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW