It has been almost four years since the last revision of Microsoft Office for the Mac, and Macintosh users can be forgiven for getting a little impatient. We heard all the buzz about the radical interface makeover for Office 2007 for Windows, and we ...
Virtual server technologies used in preproduction environments promise cost, time and labor savings, yet the same tools left unchecked can result in complex configurations, wasted resources and management nightmares for IT staff.
The MacBook Air is a stunner, no doubt, but it's going to be up against stiff challenges from PC notebook makers. Here are a few of the top ones.
When Apple's CEO Steve Jobs pulled the MacBook Air out of an interoffice memo envelope -- nice touch, that -- the crowd at Macworld Conference & Expo oohed and aahed. And applauded. And some even did your basic shout-out.
Everex may not be releasing its first US$399 ultraportable CloudBook until the end of January, but the Taiwanese PC maker is already talking about a supersize successor due later this year that will sport a bigger screen but stay under $500.
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
The late Internet pioneer Jon Postel (1943-1998), among others, developed the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) in 1982 that is still used today for Internet mail communications. But I'm sure Postel would be turning over in his grave if he could ...
The new year began with the tech blow-out that is the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Many of the big Asian tech companies were at the event showing their latest gadgets, and some interesting new technology that will be availabl...
How hot is the data leakage prevention market? Well, if the big boys like Cisco, Symantec, McAfee and Trend Micro are snapping up DLP start-ups to the tune of US$1.6 billion in 2007, there must be a reason.
We've known for a long time that requiring just a user name and password to get on the network or to access personal information on a Web site isn't the tightest security posture, but there weren't a lot of good alternatives, and there wasn't that mu...
IT execs want to make sure that users don't come back from a business trip and infect the entire company. IT execs want to make sure contractors with visitor access to the network aren't able to do damage or get access to confidential information. An...
When it comes to hot buzzwords, nothing comes close to Web 2.0. Nobody knows exactly what it means but everybody uses it. In fact, at Network World we've started getting press releases referring to Web 3.0.....whatever that is.
ISCSI runs over plain, old Ethernet, which means you don't need a separate Fibre Channel network. You don't need host bus adapters. You don't need Fibre Channel switches. You don't need specialized IT staffers.
Some day the IEEE will get around to finalizing the 802.11n standard that it began working on in 2003. That some day was supposed to be 2006. Then 2007. Then 2008. Maybe, the standard will be finalized in 2009. Maybe 2010.
There is no topic hotter than global warming. After all, Al Gore won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his work in raising awareness, his movie "An Inconvenient Truth" won an Oscar, and terms like "carbon footprint" are now part of the common lexicon.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD