Wireless is one of the hottest research areas among academics, who are looking at ways to make networks faster, less expensive and more energy-efficient. Here's a whirlwind tour of some of the more intriguing projects underway at schools and labs acr...
What, no GPhone? That was the reaction from numerous commentators after Google unveiled its long-anticipated mobile phone plan on November 5. Yet what Google and partners such as T-Mobile, Motorola and Sprint Nextel of the newly formed Open Handset A...
Welcome to Network World Chats. Our guest today is Jeff Doyle, celebrity author, Cisco Subnet blogger and networking guru. He has come prepared to answer your questions on all things routing.
Eight years ago this week, Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson of the U.S. District Court of Washington, D.C., officially declared Microsoft a monopoly. These days, the company is still fighting, and losing, antitrust cases, though mostly in Europe. But it...
Do you know how much your home office costs? I'm not talking about the price you paid for the equipment (you probably do know that amount). Rather, I mean how much of a financial and environmental burden it is to you and your community on an ongoing ...
Nearly a year ago, Microsoft released Office 2007 to corporate users and so began the slow and methodical evaluation of the software (unless, of course, you were an early adopter).
In the past few months, a number of technologies and products that invoke the Star Trek name have been rolled out. MIT was the latest with a tractor beam-like device. But other items from Star Trek funeral products to healthcare items are also out th...
Japan's largest electronics show, Ceatec, kicks off October every year with all that's new and upcoming from the country's consumer electronics vendors. The 2007 show was no let down and provided visitors a chance to catch some world-first technologi...
Here's a riddle for you: What's the difference between a desktop PC and a ball and chain?
The 80,000-square-foot building will double the size of the SDSC's facilities; besides an additional 5,000 square feet of data-center space, the expansion will house classrooms, offices, meeting rooms and a 250-seat auditorium.
Macintosh fans can be a peculiar lot. They may follow Apple's every move with rapt attention, but they're not shy about sharing their thoughts when they think the company has fallen short. That even applies to such feverishly anticipated developments...
There are few better ways to use time, a PC, and an Internet connection than by whiling away a few hours with online games. And you frequently don't have to pay to play on the Internet: Hundreds, if not thousands, of sites offer a veritable cornucopi...
You've seen the lists of Top X great Firefox extensions on other sites, but they all have a different 10 favourites. So how do you decide which are worthy of your attention? We bring you THE definitive list of the 20 best culled from all the top 10 l...
The U.S. Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, notorious as the prison for enemy combatants, poses a lot of other thorny problems, including a copper communications infrastructure extremely unfriendly to high-speed networking.
When it comes to Apple's new operating system, Leopard, users are likely to notice the flashy graphics and animations, the tight integration of applications and the speed with which it churns through data. What they don't see are a large number of th...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT