Dell's efforts to reinvent itself this year through a dramatic break from its direct-sales model, expanded services and new enterprise offerings have shown positive early results, but some users have lingering concerns about supply chain management a...
Cisco made 11 acquisitions this year culminating in 126 purchases since Cisco's birth. It made three more acquisitions than it did last year, when it spent a measly US$256 million buying ho-hum technologies. This year was different, not only in the s...
The past year may have been a wireless dream come true if you're a fan of the iPhone and more open handsets and networks, but it was a nightmare for some major new alternatives to traditional mobile services.
There's a new weapon in the security arsenal that monitors network traffic and issues real-time alerts when it spots unusual or suspicious behavior on the network.
Ubiquitous, fast and cheap wireless access for mobile users has been predicted annually for more than 10 years. Will we finally realize that dream in 2008?
What makes a top newsmaker? Sometimes a company generates lots of buzz by doing particularly innovative things, or someone with a catalyzing personality gains notoriety. Other times a hot new product or a spectacular disaster gets the attention of th...
High drama enveloped social networking companies during 2007 as they pursued significant opportunities and stumbled over mighty obstacles.
When we tested firewall performance as part of in our UTM firewall test we focused on how well the products would push inspected packets along with other UTM features, specifically intrusion-prevention systems and antivirus, turned on. However, many ...
Although data encryption adds cost and complexity, business and government sectors are becoming wedded to it -- even though at times it's like an arranged marriage driven by regulatory compliance and fear of data-breach fiascos.
Some topics always seem to remain relevant no matter what new technologies develop.
Data center managers who championed virtualization and green computing in 2007 now face the task of delivering the benefits they promised -- something industry watchers say will be no small feat.
In 2007,we designated more than 90 start-ups as worth watching. After a second look, we picked these 10 as offering what matters most in the enterprise -- agility, seamless integration and pervasive connectivity.
With its picture gracing the cover of Time's November 12 "Best Inventions of 2007" issue, the iPhone is undisputed as a technology product that matters to consumers. These days in IT that can mean only one thing -- the enterprise is its destiny.
In the technology industry, you can be pretty sure you've hit the big time when Microsoft develops a product specifically to compete with you.
When it comes to the "next big thing," I'm usually pretty skeptical. (It's from all those years I've spent trying to get gear to work as advertised.) But in 2008, we will see some long-promised technologies--like the connected home, truly smart "smar...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW