Have you spoken with a high-tech recruiter or professor of computer science lately? According to observers across the country, the technology skills shortage that pundits were talking about a year ago is real.
Some things are annoying by their very nature -- spam, your in-laws, comedians. But when the annoyances stem from stuff you've paid for or products you rely on to get things done, that really takes the cake.
The idea of using flash-based storage in a notebook isn't new. Nevertheless, the high cost of flash has prevented it from replacing hard-disk drives on mainstream notebook PCs, despite some advantages in power consumption, shock resistance, and speed...
With e-mail the dominant enterprise communication vehicle -- used for everything from simple notes to purchase orders, contracts, invoices and other critical business documents -- managing swelling message stores has become a primary concern.
We'll show you how to spruce up your handset so that it rivals an iPhone.
We often hear corporate IT pros complain that justifying security expenses is tough because they don't necessarily generate revenue or enable new business opportunities. In fact, figuring out the economics of IT security is so challenging for custome...
20 unexpected ways to unleash the true potential of the technology products you already own.
Ask most anyone who runs Windows at home what edition of the operating system he or she is using, and odds are you'll hear a fairly predictable roster of responses: Windows XP Home, XP Professional, Vista's various incarnations, maybe even Windows 20...
If malware were insects, botnets would be termites -- they burrow in behind the walls of your security perimeter, lie dormant for a period of time, then attack.
With the 2007 Microsoft Office system finally hitting the streets, IT departments around the globe are beginning to make plans for its eventual deployment.
Virtualization appeals to IT executives looking to maximize data-center operations, but they must ask themselves 10 difficult questions before rolling virtualization out to successfully adopt the technology, industry watchers say.
From the moment you switch on your PC, y your system faces countless Internet-borne dangers, including spyware attacks, viruses, Trojan horses, home-page hijackers, and hackers trying to weasel their way into your system. And the Internet isn't the o...
Although boxing legend George Foreman, a judge on the second-year CBS reality show American Inventor, has yet to invent a network device, his Lean Mean Grilling Fat-Reducing Machine has been used by countless techies to quickly cook sandwiches and ha...
Call it the second Internet bubble, a Web 2.0 revolution or just a resurgence in really useful tools for busy end users -- Web applications are catching on quickly.
How big is the blogosphere? In April the blog search engine <a href=" http://technorati.com/weblog/2007/04/328.html" target="_blank">Technorati</a> reported that it was tracking 70 million blogs, with 120,000 new ones arriving every day. In such a hu...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW