A browser by itself is a poor thing, letting you browse the Web, but little else. To get the most out of the Web, you need add-ins that give your browser plenty of extra features.
A rare large-scale, wireless LAN stress test using three vendors' equipment found many WLANs could run into a performance ceiling as they grow in size and traffic. The study's authors say the problem lies not with the vendors' gear but with the desig...
Nokia's N96 is the successor to the highly popular N95 and it sports a whopping 16GB of flash memory, in addition to a microSDHC card slot.
Spoofers, spammers and phishers, beware. There's a new gun in town, and some of the Internet's most powerful companies -- including Yahoo, Google, PayPal and AOL -- are brandishing it in the ongoing battle against e-mail fraud.
It's the epic, age-old battle that just keeps being resurrected. Chip-giant Intel and the underdog Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) go head-to-head for desktop dominance. So what will 2008 hold for desktop processors? We've uncovered both company's plans...
Ask eBay users about auction fraud and payment scams, and you'll hear different stories with the same theme: While eBay can be a great marketplace, both buyers and sellers need to beware.
If you're a music junkie you probably own albums in all formats, as well as tape and, if you are really hardcore... Mini Disk!
It's a Dual Shock-shooter showdown! We load you up on all the details on two of the PlayStation 3's biggest titles of 2008.
The latest and hottest notebooks displayed at the Consumer Electronics Show at its full glory with the latest technology to hit our shores in the coming months.
Growing companies must break through many barriers, and technology provides barriers aplenty. Moving from a small company storage model to a medium company storage model takes effort, planning and more manpower. For those fighting to get a better han...
The format war between Blu-ray and HD-DVD has caused a lot of problems for the adoption of high-definition video. Fortunately, companies such as LG have come up with a solution - dual-format players.
Vista adoption in business has been slow (and at this writing more than 75,000 people have signed InfoWorld's petition asking Microsoft to keep Windows XP available indefinitely). Nonetheless, thousands of businesses worldwide have already adopted Vi...
The combination of carnivorous dinosaurs and guns - lots of guns - is clearly a match made in videogame heaven. Turok, a next-gen 're-imagining' of the popular Nintendo 64 shooter, provides all the proof you'll ever need. The game is basically an exc...
If you want a demonstration of the speed at which the technology industry works these days just consider Sharp's thin TVs. The first time we heard about them was when the company unveiled prototypes in the middle of last year. At that time Sharp talk...
Got a small network, home network, medium-size network -- even an enterprise network -- and want to get the most out of it? Then I've got good news for you: 10 free pieces of software that can make your network easier to use, troubleshoot and maintai...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW