Penryn. Nehalem. Phenom. Fusion. Inside these four cryptic code names lies the future of computer desktop processing for 2008. Ultimately, however, it's all about the epic, age-old battle between chip giant Intel and underdog Advanced Micro Devices f...
You rarely hear about a new OS causing people to panic. But IT consultant Scott Pam says that's exactly what his small-business clients are doing when they install Windows Vista on new PCs and run smack into compatibility or usability roadblocks.
When Steve Sinchak's new Intel network card became "really slow" after upgrading his Windows Vista PC with a pre-release version of Service Pack 1, he tried uninstalling its software driver and replacing it with a new one.
The Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism was developed in conjunction with famous French designer Frederique Daubal
In January 2001 the English language version of Wikipedia opened for business, and was quickly followed by versions in French, German, Catalan and Swedish. Over the past seven years it has grown to include over 250 language editions with more than ei...
Seattle's Swedish Medical Center, a three-hospital campus with more than 7,000 employees and annual revenues of US$1 billion, was mired in paper.
Even by the bloated standards of high-tech mergers and acquisitions, Microsoft's proposed purchase of Yahoo appears to be the largest ever among technology firms. It is certainly Microsoft's largest. The company mostly buys smaller firms for less tha...
Just a little more than a year after its first crack at Vista, Microsoft Monday announced that Vista 2.0 -- officially Service Pack 1, or SP1 -- has gone final -- just as had been rumored over the weekend. Officially it's gone RTM, which is Microsoft...
The WIMP human-computer interface may have an uninspiring name, but Windows, Icons, Menus and Pointing devices have dominated computing for some 15 years. The keyboard, mouse and display screen have served users extraordinarily well.
GamePro tests the wireless stamina of Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 controllers in comparison. May the best controller win!
In the next 25 years, these technological advances, made famous in movies and on TV, will become reality. How accurate are our prognostications? Check back with us in 2033.
Despite a reported slump in venture funding for network companies, a handful of vendors this month landed venture capital cash.
At last, having lost its share of the high-end graphics card market over a year ago, ATI is finally crawling back into the game with the Radeon HD3870 X2 (featured here with Sapphire's edition).
LAN technology recently passed a milestone -- it's been around for 30 years, some of them tumultuous. But while the LAN seems ubiquitous now, there are those who think its future may be more troubled than its past.
For road warriors and outdoor adventurers, ruggedised gadgets and computers are a must.
A fast and multi-functional printer with all the high end features. The HP OfficeJet is a fine addition to your workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- AMD shows off Vega's ability to handle 8K graphics at NAB
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- ZTE's Quartz smartwatch: A good idea hindered by its OS
- Read all about IT: CEOs see IT as more important than ever
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT