You want to be nice. When friends or family call you with computer trouble, you try to help them. But no matter how much you know about PCs, correcting a problem can be a challenge when you're talking to someone who doesn't know a task bar from a USB...
These former technology luminaries have all taken different paths. How different? One's a country doctor, one's a budding movie mogul, and one teaches toddlers--and he's not even alive.
Femto cells are supposed to solve all the 3G operators' problems. They are small 3G base stations inside users' homes or offices, which increase cellular coverage, and use the subscriber's broadband to connect over the Internet to the phone network. ...
No one is unhappy with Mac OS X Version 10.4, known as Tiger. OS X is not an application platform (I bristle at using the term "operating system" for OS X; I explain why below) that needed repair, speeding up, or exterior renovation. Motivations for ...
Discussions of kernel quality are not a new phenomenon on linux-kernel. It is, indeed, a topic which comes up with a certain regularity, more so than with many other free software projects. The size of the kernel, the rate at which its code changes, ...
Now it's crunch time. This is the most punishingly high-pressure part of the year, with immovable December deadlines marching ever closer. Nerves will be frayed, stupidity will flare up, and you need to give your people all the help and support you ...
A flurry of blogs and news items on the Internet last week suggested that young Internet users are increasingly relying on instant messaging, texting and social networking sites to communicate, often via mobile devices, and almost to the exclusion of...
According to Steve Hanna, a distinguished engineer at Juniper Networks and the de facto spokesman for the network access control (NAC) industry, the device authentication technology is failing to deliver on its promise.
Those who commit cybercrime know they need to stay on the cutting edge of technology to come up with new and different ways to swindle people. Luckily, the good guys are also spending time in research labs developing ways to thwart the latest tricks ...
The acceptance of centralized wireless LAN architecture has significantly reduced costs and simplified the task of managing, securing and upgrading wireless systems, all of which have resulted in rapidly growing deployments.
Get out your credit cards and come along with us as we revisit five amazing games that you just have to play!
Every year thousands of cell phones, PDAs and music players meet their demise in toilet water. But lest it seem the toilet is merely a destroyer of technology, consider the growing number of high-end toilets sporting remote controls, wireless sensors...
The long battle of "thin versus fat" has commenced. From all appearances, Google is angling to end Microsoft's hegemony by disrupting fat client computing on the desktop. The target: none other than Microsoft Office. The weapon of choice: browser-bas...
US cable TV giant and Internet service provider Comcast has been accused of blocking -- or at least throttling -- traffic from subscribers trying to share files through the popular BitTorrent peer-to-peer network.
Crytek's newest game is a stunning PC-only first-person shooter, but also something of a flawed masterpiece. Take a look.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW