For much of its first 15 years, Gateway was the popular and whimsical midwestern PC vendor in America's heartland, complete with cute black-and-white cow-themed shipping boxes and humorous magazine advertisements.
Many entrepreneurs spend a lot of time and money trying to land new customers, an extremely important goal if you're trying to grow your business. But what are you doing to keep the customers you already have?
The last thing you need when you're unemployed is a bank account that's suddenly emptied. But that's exactly what some unwary users of US employment search site Monster.com faced after identity thieves made off with the personal information of more t...
Adidas has deployed 800 BlackBerries to its salesforce so staff can send and receive e-mail on the go. Now the athletic-wear company is finding new uses for its fleet of mobile devices.
Does Vista suck? The word on the Web is that it sucks badly enough that we should all don iSheep caps and adopt Macs or Penguins. I usually don't get into those kinds of arguments because they amount to OS holy wars. My inbox fills with angry anti-Mi...
Safer Networking's Spybot Search & Destroy aims to provide free real-time protection against spyware. However, its version number hasn't changed since we reviewed the product a year ago; and based on recent tests, the program no longer provides good ...
Grisoft, well known for its AVG Anti-Virus software launched its antispyware software in June 2006 under the name of Ewido. Grisoft got the technology from Ewido Networks, which it had purchased two months earlier. Now named AVG Anti-Spyware, the sl...
I played with Google's new "YouTube Desktop" application (in beta) for a couple hours today, and came away with mixed impressions.
When companies consider rolling out mobile-data applications, several issues always come up that strike fear in the hearts of CIOs, who don't want to make major investments in an emerging technology that later proves to be unreliable, insecure or pro...
Symantec recently posted details about a new version of MPack, a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/mpack_getting_more_dangerous.html">for-sale Web attack kit</a> that loads up a site with exploits against W...
Here are some more tips and practical suggestions for improving the security of shopping online, from former graduate student Steven Zeligman:
Mitigating network-borne threats has been an imperative to companies of all sizes and statures. As if malware and viral infestation weren't enough, today's corporations must contend with even bigger bugs, including regulatory compliance, information ...
When the Estonian government was hit with major, sustained denial-of-service attacks this spring, the headlines screamed that it was the first incident of modern cyber warfare.
Linux buffs tend to scoff at one of the major reasons that Windows users like me haven't switched yet: We don't want to give up our favorite applications. With countless open-source options, plus a rising number of commercial apps for Linux, their ar...
Like other public companies that handle credit cards, TiVo faces a double whammy: meeting the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the Payment Card Industry data security standard. Through a savvy combination of proactive auditor relations, aut...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA