An online game is an odd place to have your reputation precede you. But that's exactly what happened to me not long ago in the massively multiplayer universe of EVE Online. My character there, a spaceship pilot named Walker Spaight, was minding his o...
Safeguard your reputation while socially networking.
Recently, I had a chance to sit down with a few folks from Apple Computer who gave me a guided tour of Apple's upcoming server operating system, which is slated for release sometime in the spring of 2007. Mac OS X Server 10.5, or Leopard, will be the...
Whether you're interested in a music-format podcast, or one that's primarily spoken-word, you'll inevitably run into some vexing issues. The issues always seem to stem from the nature of audio recording and how the raw files at your fingertips, await...
Technopundits have predicted the arrival of "smart spaces" for years. Your car sends a message to a robot in your kitchen, so it can have your martini ready when you arrive home in the evening. A software agent on your LAN knows not to interrupt you ...
Living together is pretty accepted way for modern couples to test a relationship before marriage. So shouldn't there be a way for modern computer users to test Microsoft's Windows Vista before making the deep commitment of buying and installing it on...
Microsoft's Zune finally shipped, and everyone agrees: It's nice but definitely no "iPod killer." But it could be. And should be. I'll tell you how in a minute.
Session Initiation Protocol is used widely for the setup, teardown and management of VOIP calls. Much of its functionality is related to the setup of calls, as its name implies. Part of this setup involves the delivery of the caller's identity so tha...
Although Apple has been mum on many of the details of Leopard, CEO Steve Jobs did preview some of the coming attractions back in August. This month, I'm looking at another of those new features in Leopard that has gotten a lot of attention -- and eng...
Our reviewer catches his breath to report on his first few days with the Wii and its innovative, crowd-pleasing controller.
As the long wait for the much-anticipated PlayStation 3 game console dragged on, gamers started to joke that Sony stood for Soon, Only Not Yet.
In a multiconsole world, how do you know whether the Nintendo Wii, the Sony PlayStation 3, or the Microsoft Xbox 360 is the one for you? Here's our advice.
Worried that security issues will prevent you from carrying your notebook onto a plane? Here's our advice on how to cope.
Nintendo and Sony's next-generation game consoles are finally ready for play, and bring significant advances to the gaming world. The pricier Sony PlayStation 3 packs a lot into a console, including high-definition graphics, a hard disk, and a Blu-ra...
It's taken five years, enough lines of code to span the globe several times, countless thousands of hours of developer time, and so many builds, betas, and release candidates that you'd need a cluster-based supercomputer to keep track of them all -- ...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW