The acceptance of centralized wireless LAN architecture has significantly reduced costs and simplified the task of managing, securing and upgrading wireless systems, all of which have resulted in rapidly growing deployments.
Get out your credit cards and come along with us as we revisit five amazing games that you just have to play!
Every year thousands of cell phones, PDAs and music players meet their demise in toilet water. But lest it seem the toilet is merely a destroyer of technology, consider the growing number of high-end toilets sporting remote controls, wireless sensors...
The long battle of "thin versus fat" has commenced. From all appearances, Google is angling to end Microsoft's hegemony by disrupting fat client computing on the desktop. The target: none other than Microsoft Office. The weapon of choice: browser-bas...
US cable TV giant and Internet service provider Comcast has been accused of blocking -- or at least throttling -- traffic from subscribers trying to share files through the popular BitTorrent peer-to-peer network.
Crytek's newest game is a stunning PC-only first-person shooter, but also something of a flawed masterpiece. Take a look.
The predictable flood of 2008 IT prognostications has rolled in over the past few weeks and we have listened to analysts, vendors, consultants and our geek friends, accepting some forecasts and rejecting others. Turns out we did pretty well culling t...
Today's annoying online ads are a mix of Big Brother meets Madison Avenue, old-fashioned in-your-face marketing, and tactics that are downright mean. I rounded up a list of today's ten most annoying online ad categories. Many of them may have you lon...
New point-and-shoot digital cameras boast resolutions as high as 12 megapixels, but because even entry-level models capture plenty of pixels, resolution just doesn't matter as much as it used to. So this year, features to look for include big LCDs (3...
Damaged. Lost. Stolen. Too big, too small. Insecure and unreliable. And just plain annoying. If you're in IT, there's just not much to like about laptops.
Mobile WiMax promises to be fast, cheap and, if Sprint Nextel keeps its word, available across the US by 2009. 3G service, while slower than mobile WiMax, is already widely available. Both technologies are designed to cover wide areas.
What if I told you about a dangerous virus spreading through high schools and middle schools, a virus that now infects between a quarter and a third of the teen population.
The popularity of teleworking is based on a simple premise posed by an obvious question: Why should someone have to drive to an office to talk on the phone and use a computer for work if they have a computer and a phone at home?
Until recently, I thought "second life" referred to one of those places the Bible says we'll go after we depart this life.
For the past few years, organizations have gone full-force in deploying a combination of wired and wireless enterprise networks. But now, as wireless technology matures, they are left asking: Where are the tools to unify management of these disparate...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC