Sometimes you see a convergence of technology trends that result into a new device or product and you slap yourself on the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" That happened when I met recently with officials from MusicGremlin, which plans to ...
Go online without a firewall and you’re asking for trouble. Why risk it? There are lots of products — including free software — out there that can help. Here’s how to set one up.
It starts out innocently enough. You’re browsing the Web, dreaming of the weekend and your next golf game, and you happen across a great-looking site that promises to drop your handicap in three easy lessons. Sounds good, but you’ve got a meeting in ...
Ah, the first day back at school: heaven for parents, hell for kids. Help your children make a great start to a new school year with these sites for students.
Determining exactly what .Net is may be the hardest part of measuring its success. The confusion goes way back to June 2000, when Bill Gates framed the .Net initiative in consumerish terms as an Internet "platform" to support all sorts of devices. As...
Dynamic programming languages have been around for decades. With LISP (LISt Processing) and Smalltalk as progenitors, today's popular examples include Perl, Python, and Ruby.
Shareware can save you a bundle if you avoid the downside of downloading. Here's how to save on software - safely.
It was insanely great, the computer for the rest of us, and out to change the world. The Apple Computer Inc. Macintosh marks its twentieth birthday this week, and -- hubris and hype aside -- the Mac has made an acknowledged impact on personal computi...
Life online means living with--and trying to remember--passwords. Lots of them. Your Internet, e-mail, and instant messaging accounts require you to enter a user name and a password. So do secure online bank, credit card, mutual fund, and shopping We...
And it was written (by Bill Gates, et al): Thou shalt use a Windows PC to do thy work and it will be good.
Those expecting a holy war this year between Microsoft’s .Net tools, Sun's Java and various open source alternatives will have been disappointed, but it’s heartening to see that most of the development options appear to be thriving.
You've heard it from your geeky friends: RTFM, politely translated as "Read the Freaking Manual." But what if the manual is unreadable?
It’s warming up outside and Christmas is on its way - both signs the party season is about to get going. If you’re thinking of planning your own shindig, we have some help to make your event shine this year: great sites that take some of the running ...
There are good reasons why expectations have run higher for Windows Server 2003 from a security standpoint than for any prior edition that Microsoft has released.
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Lebanese cyberespionage campaign hits defense, telecom, media firms worldwide
- Microsoft's Surface 3 starts at $499, eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, March 31
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program in China could boost sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW