What if I told you about a dangerous virus spreading through high schools and middle schools, a virus that now infects between a quarter and a third of the teen population.
The popularity of teleworking is based on a simple premise posed by an obvious question: Why should someone have to drive to an office to talk on the phone and use a computer for work if they have a computer and a phone at home?
Until recently, I thought "second life" referred to one of those places the Bible says we'll go after we depart this life.
For the past few years, organizations have gone full-force in deploying a combination of wired and wireless enterprise networks. But now, as wireless technology matures, they are left asking: Where are the tools to unify management of these disparate...
The hundreds of thousands of people entering the Tokyo Motor Show are getting a chance to see more than just the latest cars -- there's a whole section of the mammoth exhibition devoted to the gadgets and gizmos that are increasingly becoming part of...
Are there unified threat management (UTM) firewalls with the chops to provide the perimeter security functions that an enterprise needs?
There is no real agreement about whether antivirus software is required in or even a good idea for an enterprise-class firewall.
The data center may seem a big place, but watts are watts: Every one you use costs you money. Two firewalls in a high-availability pair may not be the biggest power expense in a computer room, but that's no excuse to waste wattage.
We tested the OSPF-routing capabilities of the UTM devices in order to simulate the kind of multiple-exit network (two Internet gateways) that might be common in a large network.
One of the appliances we received was simply an off-the-shelf server (IBM's System x3650). Other devices ranged from very lightly customized (Secure Computing put an IPS accelerator board and a customized BIOS in a Dell box to yield its Sidewinder 21...
The high-availability (HA) and scalability features in the enterprise UTM firewalls we tested range from very fancy to dead simple.
Despite the fact that VPNs and firewalls have been residing on the same box for over seven years, our testing of both of the site-to-site and remote access VPN capabilities showed an astonishing variation on the quality of VPN implementations.
Because every network requires a different way of measuring performance and most UTM products offer thousands of deployment options, it's hard to draw even general conclusions about how these products will behave in your network. However, we can say ...
Google is putting the final touches on a mobile-phone project, but unlike Apple's iPhone the so-called GPhone is all about software for mobile carriers and mobile advertisers (Read the full story here). But everyone is asking, what will a GPhone look...
Wireless is one of the hottest research areas among academics, who are looking at ways to make networks faster, less expensive and more energy-efficient. Here's a whirlwind tour of some of the more intriguing projects underway at schools and labs acr...
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC