Portable DVD players take your DVDs out of the lounge room and into cars, trains, buses, parks ... in fact, anywhere you go.
The graphics card is a key performance component, especially in respect to 3D games. Read on to find out what you should look for.
Uninterruptible Power Supply, or UPS are designed to save you heartache and money.
This buying guide will explain to you the relevant sound card technology, specs and must-know facts, ensuring you make the right purchase decision.
Gavin Sherry continues his exploration of what makes PHP 5 so special. This month it's exceptional.
An iterator is a mechanism by which you can traverse the values in some programmatic construct, the most basic being the for() and while() loops. The concept behind these constructs does not map directly to objects, however, as they store a variety o...
Thanks to input from people all over the Internet, PHP has been developed at a very fast pace. While this has contributed to PHP's ease of use, it has also led to the language being less than complete - especially when it comes to object orientation.
Last month we looked at PHP's extensive error reporting framework. This month, we'll be looking at customising error reporting, and providing much more information for developers.
Follow this guide to learn everything about wireless networking. Whether you're connecting to a wireless hotspot or sending data from your PC to a handheld computer we have all the tips you need to get the most out of this technology.
Before embarking on a home upgrade, it's worth taking some time to become familiar with the various systems, how they differ, and how they can be co-opted to work together in harmony.
By default, PHP generates a lot of helpful information for developers when an error occurs in the execution of a script. This information is much less useful to users, however. In fact, telling users the line number of the error, the function it occu...
This buying guide provides a thorough overview of server hardware with a focus on CPU-based, entry-level devices from Intel and AMD.
Matching patterns in strings is important in just about all Web applications that deal with data. PHP has a large number of pattern matching functions and extensions, tightly integrated into the language itself.
This Scanners Buying Guide will help you wade through the jargon that plagues this essential technology and show you how to pick the right scanner for your needs.
We have looked extensively at manipulating files on the file system. This time we will look at directories, the other major component of conventional file systems.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
- Zuckerberg: Video today, virtual reality tomorrow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW