Integrating Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) into your HTML pages can not only enhance your site, but also make coding easier. In this first of a two-part series, we investigate the language of CSS and how the syntax differs from standard HTML. Next mont...
Read this guide to understand how e-mail works and how it folds into the broader capabilities of today's messaging and collaboration platforms.
Even though computing resources may be locked in high-security data centres, the security guards can do nothing to stop an electronic assault by someone using a network address to access the system.
If you're running a small business and have more than two or three PCs in the office, it's time to start looking at setting up a server. And one of your first considerations will be which server operating system (OS) to use.
Before you install a database, you need to grapple with concepts like database servers, relational and object databases, and the thorny question of why apparently similar products range in price from free to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
With the plethora of viruses, bugs, worms and threats invading the desktop these days, antivirus products have become a critical tool for any PC user.
.NET is Microsoft's vision for computing. Introduced with great fanfare more than two years ago, .NET promises to use common Internet protocols to seamlessly interconnect devices, data and applications. Heavily reliant on XML, .NET is designed to all...
In 'Create your own photogallery: Part I', I began creating an online photo gallery. Using www.woofbyte.com.au/gallery as a template, I reviewed techniques required to reduce the size of a graphically intensive Web site. Additionally, I discussed how...
One of the greatest things about Web pages is the ability to display data on the Internet and have other people view it straight away. Take photographs, for example. In the not-so-distant past, sharing pictures with others would mean either posting t...
Security of applications is one of the most important aspects of programming today - and one of the most overlooked and misunderstood. Now we will look at different security problems that face PHP developers and techniques to solve them.
In previous columns, we investigated some background terms relevant to making your Web site live, in addition to some preparatory questions to ask your ISP. Now we step you through uploading your Web site, with specific reference to an FTP program na...
We have looked extensively at interacting with the PostgreSQL relational database; now we look at integrating this into our ongoing project - a database-driven address book. First, we will have to create a table in the PostgreSQL database where we ca...
Whether you are looking for a cost-effective backup solution, or you just want to share files with your friends, a CD writer is pretty much an essential ingredient of any PC these days.
Throughout the recent HTML columns, we have investigated the code necessary to create your site. Up to this point, however, you have only been creating pages on your local machine. We haven't yet looked at how you post this site to the Internet once ...
Following from the last column's introduction to frames, we look at some frame properties that can change the look and functionality of your pages.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW