Whether you are looking for a cost-effective backup solution, or you just want to share files with your friends, a CD writer is pretty much an essential ingredient of any PC these days.
Throughout the recent HTML columns, we have investigated the code necessary to create your site. Up to this point, however, you have only been creating pages on your local machine. We haven't yet looked at how you post this site to the Internet once ...
Following from the last column's introduction to frames, we look at some frame properties that can change the look and functionality of your pages.
This column has been looking at ways to simplify the development of a database-driven Web-based address book. Now we look at a complete solution: the PostgreSQL Object Relational Database Management System (ORDBMS).
Frames are a combination of HTML pages that display on a browser simultaneously, giving the impression that they are one page. An example of a framed page is when a Web site has a menubar that stays in the same position within the browser window, whi...
This column will look at modifying 'Address book in PHP revisited's' AB2 code to allow searching of multiple data fields.
In the last column we introduced the use of embedded databases within PHP via the Database Abstract (DBA) Layer. Now, we will re-implement Address Book 1 (AB1) using this superior technology.
Last month in our introduction to forms, we investigated input types and essential form elements. First we introduced the script required to start your forms, then we investigated commonly used input types such as text, password, checkbox and radio. ...
The motherboard is one of the most important components in any PC, but few people are aware of what it actually does. This guide will give you the knowledge to make an informed decision.
Previously we have looked at building a basic address book database system. Address Book 1 stored its data in a flat file format - that is, plain text. The problem with storing data like this is that it is inefficient to search the entire address boo...
A site that encourages people to keep returning is referred to as being 'sticky'. Interactivity is a large contributor to making your site warrant this description - and one of the most interactive aspects of HTML is forms. They give the user a hands...
We have looked at building a basic address book database system. Address Book 1 stored its data in a flat file format - that is, plain text. The problem with storing data like this is that it is inefficient to search the entire address book line by l...
An important part of coding is error checking. This month, we examine browser-related problems and also introduce HTML Validator Lite, which is a troubleshooting program that can identify syntax errors.
We have looked at storing address book entries submitted by users. The other requirement of an address book is to be able to locate an address. Now we will look at parsing address book entries and matching a user-supplied string: a search engine.
Last month I introduced you to tables by investigating structure, the major commands, and various properties of tables. This month's column explains how to insert captions, span rows and columns across other cells, place objects within your cells, an...
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW