When people ask us which laptop is best for their needs, the first thing we tell them is that there is no clear answer. There are too many types of laptops and price ranges to suit those different types of laptops. However, we do give people a checkl...
Microsoft has launched its new operating system, Windows 10. If, like us, you can't wait to get your hands on it, and you're comfortable running pre-release software, then you can download a copy from the Windows Insider Program.
On some laptops, you may have noticed a change in brightness as you go from a screen with a dark background to a screen with a bright background. On a dark background, the screen will dim automatically, while on a bright background it will brighten. ...
Getty Images has one of the largest photo libraries in the world, and the company recently made this library free to use for non-commercial purposes. You are now allowed to browse the Getty Images site for any photo you are after, and then embed that...
To transfer data between an Android smartphone or tablet and a computer, you used to have to connect them via a USB cable. These days, plenty of Cloud services are available, which allow you to keep data from a phone or tablet in sync with a computer...
Some of the Windows 8 tablets on the Australian market have an HDMI port on their side, which can make it a relatively easy task to output video from the tablet onto a TV screen. In this instance, all you will need is the relevant adapter for your de...
Windows 8 tablets are convenient for watching videos that are streamed from the Web. Sometimes, though, when you are finished watching a full-screen video, there is no way to get out of it unless you have a physical keyboard attached (usually via Blu...
If you are using a tablet device running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, and you don’t have a keyboard, taking a screen shot while you are in the Modern UI (Metro interface) requires a little bit of effort.
Evernote isn't a revolution. Like most of the technology products we tend to use regularly in our daily lives, Evernote is an evolution, a collection of good ideas that rolls into a single program the functionality of a half-dozen apps you would othe...
To get a better idea of how Windows 8 works, here are some videos showing some of the new functions and features, including the Start screen, Switcher and Charms.
While it's recommended that you run Windows 8 on modern hardware, the new operating system will run on older computers, as long as they feature the following specifications.
Not unless it is very old. Windows 8 will run just fine on notebooks and desktops that have been purchased over the last couple of years. However, there are a few things that you need to be aware of.
In terms of looks, Windows RT and Windows 8 use the same new-style Start screen. However, Windows RT has been designed specifically to run on ARM-based tablet devices.
Along with all the traditional PC vendors offering new equipment in time for the launch of Windows 8, what you will also find are Microsoft's own tablet devices, called Surface.
It's inevitable that with a new operating system there are new computers released to support it. With Windows 8, there are many different types of laptops to choose from, including thin-and-light Ultrabooks and, in particular, Ultrabooks that are get...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC