The most daunting aspect of Windows 8 is its radically changed interface. There is no Windows Start Menu button on the Desktop and when you boot to the new operating system, the first screen you see is not the Desktop, but the new Start screen instea...
This book will guide you through some of the new features that you can expect to find in Windows 8, including the all-important Start screen. We'll also talk a little about some of the new types of computers that are available for Windows 8, and whet...
These days Android phones seem to be in an arms race when it comes to performance, with claims of faster processors, better graphics engines, and more cores. We put a few of the hottest Android phones available today through our rigorous suite of ben...
If you've been considering buying a brand new 3TB or 4TB external hard drive to plug into your TV's USB port for media playback, you might want to reconsider. New drives that use such large capacities also rely on a partitioning format called GPT (GU...
Want to print an email you received on your iPad? How about a photo you snapped with your iPhone? Or a document you just downloaded from Dropbox?
Tablets are becoming increasingly common in the workplace, the home, and even at the top of children's Christmas lists. Just about every company has jumped on the bandwagon, and Microsoft is hoping Windows RT will help it finally crack this tough mar...
Remember the good old days of the LAN party? You might not; thanks to today's prevalence of broadband connections, the availability of free voice and video chat services, and the ample multiplayer support found in most modern games, you no longer hav...
Android can do a lot for you-but you have to know where to begin. Here's a step-by-step guide to making the most of your Android phone's many features.
Can a tablet replace your business laptop? Probably, if you're willing to load it up with the right apps. If you're considering carrying an iPad or Android device around instead of your laptop, you're most likely concerned about sacrificing the funct...
There are plenty of ways to transfer photos from an iOS device to a Mac--I generally email them to myself or use Messages--but it can still be a hassle. A tip recently published on The Iconmaster could be my new solution to the problem.
How powerful is your phone? The question would have been nonsensical a decade ago, but as we increasingly depend on smartphones and tablets for some of our everyday computing needs, paying more attention to their performance makes sense.
RIM (Research in Motion) is the company behind the famous BlackBerry phone. The core function of a BlackBerry smartphone is primarily sending and receiving e-mail and BlackBerry's are widely regarded as the best and most efficient mobile device for b...
LG is arguably more renowned for its budget, low-end smartphones but the company produces a range of premium phones using both the Android and Windows Phone platforms.
Motorola, like Sony, focuses primarily on the Android platform for its smartphones. It does not produce any Windows Phone devices.
Nokia, one of the world's most recognised and popular mobile phone brands, is in the middle of a complete change in strategy.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW