Android is a mobile operating system or OS, which is basically the software that runs on a number of mobile devices -- generally smartphones and tablets.
iOS is Apple's mobile operating system (otherwise known as OS). The iOS software powers Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch range of products. It was introduced in 2007 when Apple launched the first iPhone and was formerly called iPhone OS.
Your 802.11n wireless network and devices are about to become passé. Although the official 802.11ac specification won't be finalised until sometime in 2013, wireless equipment will soon appear on store shelves sporting the faster wireless protocol.
In an ideal world, your calendar would be in perfect sync on your Mac and your iPhone, without any manual syncing required. There must be a way to pull off this feat. As a matter of fact, there are two.
We've seen lots of changes in the e-reader market over the past year. Prices have plummeted, with $100 and less suddenly a realistic price for e-readers from the major players -- Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. E-reader shipments have skyrocketed: ...
If you've poked around PC World in recent weeks, you've learned how to download and install Windows 8 on a new hard-drive partition and how to install Windows 8 in a virtual machine. Today, let's talk about one of my favorite approaches for installin...
It's not uncommon to have iOS and Android users living under the same roof. Indeed, perhaps you've been an iPod owner for many users, but recently decided to pick up an Android-powered smartphone or tablet. Now the question becomes, how do you sync y...
When buying a computer you will be faced with two options: a desktop PC or a laptop. Which one you end up buying will depend on your needs and, of course, your budget.
Buying a mobile phone can often be a headache. We've answered a few of frequently asked questions to help aid your purchase.
A glossary of terms for mobile phones and smartphones.
What should you check for when buying a mobile phone? Find out in our mobile phone shopping checklist.
Have you ever wondered what life was like before the invention of the mobile phone? It’s hard to imagine now that mobiles dominate our everyday life.
Sony Ericsson is probably best known for its Walkman range of mobile phones, which were popular before the rise of smartphones. Today, it mainly focuses on producing smartphones running the Google Android software platform with its XPERIA brand.
Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print. But from time to time you may still need to print data that's on your iPad--business docume...
Critical enterprise information is leaking onto mobile devices whose risk of loss or theft is much higher than it is for PCs at the office.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for $3.7B
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW