"PC replacements should pick up again in 2016, particularly later in the year."
“As the enterprise market becomes increasingly open to the wide scale deployment of tablet platforms, Microsoft has a key advantage.”
Forget the territorial battles being fought at other companies between marketing and technology executives. At renowned athletic gear maker Adidas Group, the digital marketing approach is built on a real alliance between the two disciplines.
SAP's announcement that it will pay US$8.3 billion to buy business-travel and expense software vendor Concur might have generated less initial buzz than the companies hoped, given it was almost simultaneous with the revelation that Larry Ellison has ...
The corporate landscape captured in marketing guru Larry Weber's new book, "The Digital Marketer: Ten New Skills You Must Learn to Stay Relevant and Customer-Centric," is one where the CMO might be seen as increasingly moving onto the CIO's tradition...
At its annual Discover user conference, Hewlett-Packard put cloud computing and big data on the top of the agenda, capitalizing on the heavy work it has been doing with these technologies.
Jeff Schilling, who joined cloud hosting startup FireHost this week as chief security officer, knows a thing or two about cybersecurity.
Aerohive Networks sells not just enterprise Wi-Fi gear but also cloud-based software designed to make it easier to set up and manage a customer's entire wired and wireless network. Other wireless LAN vendors are moving in the same direction, includin...
Broadcom got a jump on Mobile World Congress this week, announcing two steps forward in its fledgling LTE silicon business. On Monday, the company introduced a turnkey solution for LTE smartphones to be priced under US$300. On Tuesday, it announced a...
The chip industry is in for major changes in the coming years, according to Broadcom Chairman and Chief Technical Officer, Henry Samueli.
The wildly popular game "Minecraft" is a lot like its creator, Markus "Notch" Persson: modest in style and origin and apparently still true to its roots despite phenomenal success. In their new book just published in the U.S., authors Daniel Goldberg...
After calculators, PCs and mobile phones, Intel is now jumping into wearable devices with an extremely low-power chip called Quark, which was big news at the company's annual Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco. Leading the charge into the new mar...
Google Enterprise is making inroads on many fronts, winning converts to everything from its productivity tools to its cloud offerings. We recently caught up with President of Google Enterprise, Amit Singh, for a progress report and to discuss what co...
Saar Gillai, named head of Hewlett-Packard's Cloud operations in January, is on the hot seat.
John Swainson has one of the more challenging jobs in the tech industry right now. As president of Dell's software division, he's charged with sorting through all the software Dell has acquired and organizing it into coherent offerings that can furth...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCSolution Lead/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD