Shortly after the iPhone launched earlier this year, the head of microprocessor maker ARM said the new handset will stimulate growth in the smartphone market because the hype around the product would pique people's interest. Since then, the iPhone, a...
Red Hat is one of the largest publicly held open source software companies in the world. Since it went public in 1999 and eventually came to offer the world its well-known Red Hat Linux operating system, the firm has performed well. It has come along...
After Google released an initial set of details about its plans to alter how mobile applications are created and distributed, industry watchers are compiling a long list of follow-up questions about the Android platform and the Open Handset AlliancE.
Email sender remorse is a thing of the past, if Bigstring.com CEO and founder Darin Myman has his way. The start up has developed a service that allows emails to be edited, recalled, or made to self-destruct. Emails, videos and pictures can also be r...
The numbers are downright frightening: One in five U.S. teenagers who regularly log onto the Internet say they have received unwanted sexual solicitations via the Web, according to the U.S. Crimes Against Children Research Center. And, the center say...
Autodesk recently announced plans to donate its coordinate system (CS) and map projection technology to the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo). The software, acquired from Mentor Software will help users to more easily support geographic coord...
Responsible for steering the course of EMC's security franchise, Art Coviello, executive vice president of EMC's RSA Security division, says the unit will eventually contribute US$2 billion to EMC's annual revenue. In a recent interview with Computer...
Want to see how an F-16 will react to the latest antiaircraft weapons? Tip Slater is your man.
IBM Rational's 'free radical' talks about the enduring difficulties of software development, his advocacy of open source and Second Life, and his license to kill.
It is confirmed. You can make money from game playing. Miniclip.com, the self-funded start up has over 400 free games on offer, from single player through to hard-core massive multiplayer games, and nearly 45 million unique users. The business was la...
Openbravo, an Open Source web-based ERP product, was project of the month on SourceForge in September. The project uses a Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1). It has 68 developers and over 200 contributors and has been downloaded over 350,000 times;...
Blender is a popular open-source software package used for modeling and rendering 3-D images. Computerworld recently spoke via e-mail with Tom Musgrove, one of the 35 active core developers on the Blender project. Besides explaining how the tool is u...
Clive Barker talks about his new game Jericho, how video games are an emerging art form, and how we need more gay protagonists in gaming.
Although Google's non-search engine products, like its Google Apps Web hosted collaboration and communication software suite, get much attention, search technology and its companion ad system and network still generate most of the company's revenue.
Open source is disruptive, it develops rapidly, is adopted quickly, and it efficiently meets market needs while enabling new market capabilities. These were some of the statements made at an open source symposium held in Western Australia (WA) earlie...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCJava Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPICT Solutions EngineerSA
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 161107/ITA/986Asia