Shortly after the iPhone launched earlier this year, the head of microprocessor maker ARM said the new handset will stimulate growth in the smartphone market because the hype around the product would pique people's interest. Since then, the iPhone, a...
Red Hat is one of the largest publicly held open source software companies in the world. Since it went public in 1999 and eventually came to offer the world its well-known Red Hat Linux operating system, the firm has performed well. It has come along...
After Google released an initial set of details about its plans to alter how mobile applications are created and distributed, industry watchers are compiling a long list of follow-up questions about the Android platform and the Open Handset AlliancE.
Email sender remorse is a thing of the past, if Bigstring.com CEO and founder Darin Myman has his way. The start up has developed a service that allows emails to be edited, recalled, or made to self-destruct. Emails, videos and pictures can also be r...
The numbers are downright frightening: One in five U.S. teenagers who regularly log onto the Internet say they have received unwanted sexual solicitations via the Web, according to the U.S. Crimes Against Children Research Center. And, the center say...
Autodesk recently announced plans to donate its coordinate system (CS) and map projection technology to the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo). The software, acquired from Mentor Software will help users to more easily support geographic coord...
Responsible for steering the course of EMC's security franchise, Art Coviello, executive vice president of EMC's RSA Security division, says the unit will eventually contribute US$2 billion to EMC's annual revenue. In a recent interview with Computer...
Want to see how an F-16 will react to the latest antiaircraft weapons? Tip Slater is your man.
IBM Rational's 'free radical' talks about the enduring difficulties of software development, his advocacy of open source and Second Life, and his license to kill.
It is confirmed. You can make money from game playing. Miniclip.com, the self-funded start up has over 400 free games on offer, from single player through to hard-core massive multiplayer games, and nearly 45 million unique users. The business was la...
Openbravo, an Open Source web-based ERP product, was project of the month on SourceForge in September. The project uses a Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1). It has 68 developers and over 200 contributors and has been downloaded over 350,000 times;...
Blender is a popular open-source software package used for modeling and rendering 3-D images. Computerworld recently spoke via e-mail with Tom Musgrove, one of the 35 active core developers on the Blender project. Besides explaining how the tool is u...
Clive Barker talks about his new game Jericho, how video games are an emerging art form, and how we need more gay protagonists in gaming.
Although Google's non-search engine products, like its Google Apps Web hosted collaboration and communication software suite, get much attention, search technology and its companion ad system and network still generate most of the company's revenue.
Open source is disruptive, it develops rapidly, is adopted quickly, and it efficiently meets market needs while enabling new market capabilities. These were some of the statements made at an open source symposium held in Western Australia (WA) earlie...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW