James Purser, a Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) supporter, committee member for Linux Australia, and ICT consultant, is running for the Senate in the next federal election as an independent for New South Wales. With limited resources, Purser's c...
Whitfield Diffie, a co-inventor of public-key encryption, is chief security officer at Sun Microsystems and co-author with Susan Landau of Privacy on the Line: The Politics of Wiretapping and Encryption (The MIT Press, 2007).
David Heinemeier Hansson was a 23-year-old student at Copenhagen Business School when he began work on Ruby on Rails a little over four years ago. His goal was to write a simple Web application framework that would free developers from the misery of ...
Security typically tops the list of priorities for IT executives, but a recent survey conducted by the Ponemon Institute reveals that at least one area of IT data security is being overlooked. Off-network security -- or the technologies and policies ...
In a surprise move, Paramount and DreamWorks Animation announced this week that they would align themselves exclusively with the HD DVD high-definition format. The controversial decision has attracted a lot of attention, and not just because it comes...
Mike Neil, Microsoft's general manager of virtualization, is on the big stage with a hot technology. The lights are on him as he prepares for next year's delivery of Windows Server Virtualization, which first was a feature and now is an add-on to Win...
Citrix's announcement that it would acquire XenSource demonstrates the company's plans to support the most relevant application delivery technologies possible, company officials say. The software, according to Citrix Chief Strategy Officer Wes Wasson...
Citrix acquired XenSource Wednesday for US$500 million. With the acquisition, Citrix will also acquire the virtualization talent of XenSource, among them CEO Peter Levine. Network World Senior Editor Deni Connor caught up with Levine Wednesday and ta...
Cisco introduced its Services Oriented Network Architecture less than two years ago, and now the company says the SONA concept in action will reduce corporate costs and move customers toward virtualized services, including security, voice, mobility, ...
The role Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia, plays at the organization that supports the user generated and edited encyclopedia is changing as he shifts more of his time to activities in the wiki and open source communities, and shares time with hi...
Linus Torvalds was only 22 when he decided in 1991 to share with friends and colleagues the code of Linux, the new OS he had created. The computer science student at the University of Helsinki could not imagine the revolution his decision would cause...
Kim Polese, CEO of SpikeSource, speaks about the open-source movement and new products SpikeSource introduced at LinuxWorld.
A honeypot is simply a "closely monitored computing resource that we want to be probed, attacked or compromised," Niels Provos and Thorsten Holz tell us in their new book, Virtual Honeypots.
Vint Cerf is the co-designer with Robert Kahn of the TCP/IP protocols and the basic architecture of the Internet. In 2005, he and Kahn received the highest civilian honor bestowed in the U.S., the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Russ Housley is the first chair of the IETF with a particular expertise in network security. Housley, who runs consulting firm Vigil Security, has been active in the IETF for nearly 20 years and helped write early e-mail security and public key infra...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be disastrous
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC