<a href="http://www.usenix.org/events/woot07/"> The First Usenix Workshop on Offensive Technologies </a> is coming to Boston on Aug 6. It's hard to resist an event called WOOT, even though we weren't quite sure what it was all about. So we shot an e-...
At its first Microsoft Business Intelligence Conference in Seattle, Microsoft -- which had been holding details about the next version of SQL Server close to the vest -- announced the target ship date and new details for the follow-on to SQL Server 2...
The race to define and build next-generation broadband wireless networks is in full swing. And though Qualcomm doesn't like to use the 4G (fourth-generation) term, the company -- a key supplier of chip technology for today's 3G (third-generation) net...
Vernor Vinge, 62, is a pioneer in artificial intelligence, who in a recent interview warned about the risks and opportunities that an electronic super-intelligence would offer to mankind.
We reached out and touched Cisco's Brett Galloway on his cell phone this week while he was commuting to work. A founder of wireless LAN switch pioneer Airespace, he's now the vice president and general manager of Cisco's Wireless Networking Business ...
When plans to build and distribute a $US100 (£50) laptop to schoolchildren in emerging economies were first announced two years ago, the people behind the scheme had their fair share of critics.
Second Life developer Linden Lab is hard at work enhancing the voice capabilities, search features and navigation interface of its creation. The company is convinced that this popular, three-and-a-half-year-old virtual world isn't a flash in the pan ...
Online dating site eHarmony.com continues to amass scores of data to fuel its online relationship service for 15 million registered users. The company 18 months ago deployed clustered storage systems to handle the photos, images, logs and other conte...
When technology publisher Tim O'Reilly released a draft code of blogging conduct earlier this week, he said it was modeled after the community guidelines of BlogHer, a blogging site for women that was launched in January 2006. O'Reilly's draft code, ...
On Monday at 6 a.m., Dave DeWalt stood in front of McAfee's Plano, Texas, offices to greet employees with coffee, doughnuts and a handshake. "They were wondering, 'Who's the guy in the suit?'" says the former EMC vice president who became McAfee's CE...
Larry Sanger's answer to Wikipedia is a new online encyclopedia called Citizendium, which was launched to the public on Tuesday. Sanger, Citizendium's editor-in-chief and cofounder of Wikipedia, recently spoke to IDG publication, Computerworld U.S....
IBM researcher Chieko Asakawa has been blind since she was 14 years old. Since joining IBM in Japan in 1985, she has worked on myriad projects to improve accessibility for the visually impaired. And over the last year, she and a team of four research...
Nobody's going to tear down the Internet and rebuild it from scratch, but academics at Stanford University are imagining what the new blueprint would look like if they did and they hope their work will lead to an Internet that works better in 20 year...
Jeff Jonas, the chief scientist and distinguished engineer at IBM's entity analytic solutions group, has developed a means of sharing corporate data without revealing what that data contains.
Flickr, the lauded photo management and sharing site, recently celebrated its third anniversary and IDG News Service had an opportunity to chat with co-founder and general manager Stewart Butterfield about Flickr's growth in size and quality, its sta...
Make Windows 10 your go-to on-the-go environment. Business tools that work!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
- HP’s Pro x2 convertible takes on the iPad with vertical accessories
- HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone gets a job with Mobile Retail and Mobile Scanning Solutions
- Before 5G, some mobile users may get almost-5G
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW