<a href="http://www.usenix.org/events/woot07/"> The First Usenix Workshop on Offensive Technologies </a> is coming to Boston on Aug 6. It's hard to resist an event called WOOT, even though we weren't quite sure what it was all about. So we shot an e-...
At its first Microsoft Business Intelligence Conference in Seattle, Microsoft -- which had been holding details about the next version of SQL Server close to the vest -- announced the target ship date and new details for the follow-on to SQL Server 2...
The race to define and build next-generation broadband wireless networks is in full swing. And though Qualcomm doesn't like to use the 4G (fourth-generation) term, the company -- a key supplier of chip technology for today's 3G (third-generation) net...
Vernor Vinge, 62, is a pioneer in artificial intelligence, who in a recent interview warned about the risks and opportunities that an electronic super-intelligence would offer to mankind.
We reached out and touched Cisco's Brett Galloway on his cell phone this week while he was commuting to work. A founder of wireless LAN switch pioneer Airespace, he's now the vice president and general manager of Cisco's Wireless Networking Business ...
When plans to build and distribute a $US100 (£50) laptop to schoolchildren in emerging economies were first announced two years ago, the people behind the scheme had their fair share of critics.
Second Life developer Linden Lab is hard at work enhancing the voice capabilities, search features and navigation interface of its creation. The company is convinced that this popular, three-and-a-half-year-old virtual world isn't a flash in the pan ...
Online dating site eHarmony.com continues to amass scores of data to fuel its online relationship service for 15 million registered users. The company 18 months ago deployed clustered storage systems to handle the photos, images, logs and other conte...
When technology publisher Tim O'Reilly released a draft code of blogging conduct earlier this week, he said it was modeled after the community guidelines of BlogHer, a blogging site for women that was launched in January 2006. O'Reilly's draft code, ...
On Monday at 6 a.m., Dave DeWalt stood in front of McAfee's Plano, Texas, offices to greet employees with coffee, doughnuts and a handshake. "They were wondering, 'Who's the guy in the suit?'" says the former EMC vice president who became McAfee's CE...
Larry Sanger's answer to Wikipedia is a new online encyclopedia called Citizendium, which was launched to the public on Tuesday. Sanger, Citizendium's editor-in-chief and cofounder of Wikipedia, recently spoke to IDG publication, Computerworld U.S....
IBM researcher Chieko Asakawa has been blind since she was 14 years old. Since joining IBM in Japan in 1985, she has worked on myriad projects to improve accessibility for the visually impaired. And over the last year, she and a team of four research...
Nobody's going to tear down the Internet and rebuild it from scratch, but academics at Stanford University are imagining what the new blueprint would look like if they did and they hope their work will lead to an Internet that works better in 20 year...
Jeff Jonas, the chief scientist and distinguished engineer at IBM's entity analytic solutions group, has developed a means of sharing corporate data without revealing what that data contains.
Flickr, the lauded photo management and sharing site, recently celebrated its third anniversary and IDG News Service had an opportunity to chat with co-founder and general manager Stewart Butterfield about Flickr's growth in size and quality, its sta...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW