After a morning of keynote speeches at Microsoft's PDC (Professional Developers Conference) in Los Angeles, InfoWorld's Lead Technology Analyst Jon Udell sat down with Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates for a one-on-one interv...
LinuxFund, which was founded in 1999 to fund open source projects, is back on track with new director David Mandel planning to pick up the peices after the fund was deserted by its previous director and left lying dormant for over a year.
Leonard Kleinrock is emeritus professor of computer science at the University of California, Los Angeles. He created the basic principles of packet switching, the foundation of the Internet, while a graduate student at MIT, where he earned a Ph.D. in...
Microsoft Distinguished Engineer Anders Hejlsberg is chief architect of the Visual C# language and has been a key developer of the company's .Net application development technology. Previously, Hejlsberg wrote TurboPascal when he was with Borland Sof...
Astronaut, entrepreneur and founder of popular Linux distribution, Ubuntu -- Mark Shuttleworth is in Sydney this week for the Ubuntu Down Under conference. He was also one of the speakers at Linux.conf last week and took some time out with LinuxWorld...
Mark Jen's first day as a Google employee, Jan. 17th, also marked the debut of his "Ninetyninezeros" blog, which he intended would serve as a personal journal of his experiences as a Google employee. Little did he know at the time that his tenure at ...
Dale Fuller, president and CEO of Borland Software, has been with the company since 1999, when it had temporarily been renamed Inprise. Recently, the company has been touting its ALM (application lifecycle management) strategy and efforts to provide ...
The author of Search & Destroy wages war against ever-sneakier spyware and competitors who poach on his name and reputation.
Bob Muglia, senior vice president of Microsoft’s Windows Server Division, sat down with Editor John Fontana at the software company’s annual Management Summit to talk about a host of issues, including the company's development plans for its managemen...
We asked David Treadwell, Microsoft's general manager of the .Net Platform Developer Division, to comment on key issues that arose while researching .Net's performance. Treadwell's answers were surprisingly frank and shed light on Microsoft's Longhor...
Under the project name Windows XP Reloaded, Microsoft is considering how to add functionality to Windows. The discussions could result in an interim release of Windows before Longhorn. Greg Sullivan, lead product manager for Windows XP, spoke with Ed...
To millions of people, Cary Sherman is about as popular as the New York Yankee baseball team in Boston. As president of the Recording Industry Association of America, Sherman has vigorously prosecuted online music pirates, as the archenemy of popular...
Eric Rudder, senior vice president of servers and tools at Microsoft, spoke with Computerworld recently about the direction for Longhorn, the code name for the next version of the Windows operating system.
If you think copying a DVD movie and downloading The Matrix from Kazaa is okay, Jack Valenti wants a word with you.
At BEA Systems Inc.'s annual eWorld conference last week, CEO Alfred Chuang spoke with Computerworld about the application server market space, his company's competition, recent trends toward Linux and the open-source software movement.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD