After a morning of keynote speeches at Microsoft's PDC (Professional Developers Conference) in Los Angeles, InfoWorld's Lead Technology Analyst Jon Udell sat down with Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates for a one-on-one interv...
LinuxFund, which was founded in 1999 to fund open source projects, is back on track with new director David Mandel planning to pick up the peices after the fund was deserted by its previous director and left lying dormant for over a year.
Leonard Kleinrock is emeritus professor of computer science at the University of California, Los Angeles. He created the basic principles of packet switching, the foundation of the Internet, while a graduate student at MIT, where he earned a Ph.D. in...
Microsoft Distinguished Engineer Anders Hejlsberg is chief architect of the Visual C# language and has been a key developer of the company's .Net application development technology. Previously, Hejlsberg wrote TurboPascal when he was with Borland Sof...
Astronaut, entrepreneur and founder of popular Linux distribution, Ubuntu -- Mark Shuttleworth is in Sydney this week for the Ubuntu Down Under conference. He was also one of the speakers at Linux.conf last week and took some time out with LinuxWorld...
Mark Jen's first day as a Google employee, Jan. 17th, also marked the debut of his "Ninetyninezeros" blog, which he intended would serve as a personal journal of his experiences as a Google employee. Little did he know at the time that his tenure at ...
Dale Fuller, president and CEO of Borland Software, has been with the company since 1999, when it had temporarily been renamed Inprise. Recently, the company has been touting its ALM (application lifecycle management) strategy and efforts to provide ...
The author of Search & Destroy wages war against ever-sneakier spyware and competitors who poach on his name and reputation.
Bob Muglia, senior vice president of Microsoft’s Windows Server Division, sat down with Editor John Fontana at the software company’s annual Management Summit to talk about a host of issues, including the company's development plans for its managemen...
We asked David Treadwell, Microsoft's general manager of the .Net Platform Developer Division, to comment on key issues that arose while researching .Net's performance. Treadwell's answers were surprisingly frank and shed light on Microsoft's Longhor...
Under the project name Windows XP Reloaded, Microsoft is considering how to add functionality to Windows. The discussions could result in an interim release of Windows before Longhorn. Greg Sullivan, lead product manager for Windows XP, spoke with Ed...
To millions of people, Cary Sherman is about as popular as the New York Yankee baseball team in Boston. As president of the Recording Industry Association of America, Sherman has vigorously prosecuted online music pirates, as the archenemy of popular...
Eric Rudder, senior vice president of servers and tools at Microsoft, spoke with Computerworld recently about the direction for Longhorn, the code name for the next version of the Windows operating system.
If you think copying a DVD movie and downloading The Matrix from Kazaa is okay, Jack Valenti wants a word with you.
At BEA Systems Inc.'s annual eWorld conference last week, CEO Alfred Chuang spoke with Computerworld about the application server market space, his company's competition, recent trends toward Linux and the open-source software movement.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia