After a morning of keynote speeches at Microsoft's PDC (Professional Developers Conference) in Los Angeles, InfoWorld's Lead Technology Analyst Jon Udell sat down with Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates for a one-on-one interv...
LinuxFund, which was founded in 1999 to fund open source projects, is back on track with new director David Mandel planning to pick up the peices after the fund was deserted by its previous director and left lying dormant for over a year.
Leonard Kleinrock is emeritus professor of computer science at the University of California, Los Angeles. He created the basic principles of packet switching, the foundation of the Internet, while a graduate student at MIT, where he earned a Ph.D. in...
Microsoft Distinguished Engineer Anders Hejlsberg is chief architect of the Visual C# language and has been a key developer of the company's .Net application development technology. Previously, Hejlsberg wrote TurboPascal when he was with Borland Sof...
Astronaut, entrepreneur and founder of popular Linux distribution, Ubuntu -- Mark Shuttleworth is in Sydney this week for the Ubuntu Down Under conference. He was also one of the speakers at Linux.conf last week and took some time out with LinuxWorld...
Mark Jen's first day as a Google employee, Jan. 17th, also marked the debut of his "Ninetyninezeros" blog, which he intended would serve as a personal journal of his experiences as a Google employee. Little did he know at the time that his tenure at ...
Dale Fuller, president and CEO of Borland Software, has been with the company since 1999, when it had temporarily been renamed Inprise. Recently, the company has been touting its ALM (application lifecycle management) strategy and efforts to provide ...
The author of Search & Destroy wages war against ever-sneakier spyware and competitors who poach on his name and reputation.
Bob Muglia, senior vice president of Microsoft’s Windows Server Division, sat down with Editor John Fontana at the software company’s annual Management Summit to talk about a host of issues, including the company's development plans for its managemen...
We asked David Treadwell, Microsoft's general manager of the .Net Platform Developer Division, to comment on key issues that arose while researching .Net's performance. Treadwell's answers were surprisingly frank and shed light on Microsoft's Longhor...
Under the project name Windows XP Reloaded, Microsoft is considering how to add functionality to Windows. The discussions could result in an interim release of Windows before Longhorn. Greg Sullivan, lead product manager for Windows XP, spoke with Ed...
To millions of people, Cary Sherman is about as popular as the New York Yankee baseball team in Boston. As president of the Recording Industry Association of America, Sherman has vigorously prosecuted online music pirates, as the archenemy of popular...
Eric Rudder, senior vice president of servers and tools at Microsoft, spoke with Computerworld recently about the direction for Longhorn, the code name for the next version of the Windows operating system.
If you think copying a DVD movie and downloading The Matrix from Kazaa is okay, Jack Valenti wants a word with you.
At BEA Systems Inc.'s annual eWorld conference last week, CEO Alfred Chuang spoke with Computerworld about the application server market space, his company's competition, recent trends toward Linux and the open-source software movement.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT