IBM's Steve Mills has long been known for his leadership of the company's software division, but last year he added hardware and systems to his responsibilities as well. That move put Mills in charge of 100,000 employees and products that generate US...
Name: Mike Phillips
Name: Steve Robertson, CFO and COO
Running the internal IT operations of Cisco Systems is a big job not just because of the size of the company -- more than 70,000 employees worldwide and a market capitalisation in the range of $US100 billion -- but also because Cisco is continually d...
Google shook the search market last week with the launch of Instant, a new feature that lets the company's search engine refresh results on the fly as people type their queries.
What does an average work day involve for you at Austereo? The average day at Austereo is an adventure. It's a combination of managing daily operational needs and activities and taking on the new challenges associated with an organisation that contin...
As co-founder of The Research Board, an exclusive, IT-focused think tank established in 1970, Ernest von Simson watched time and again as corporate leaders took their companies through change and crises over three decades. During those years, he came...
Brian Gallagher , president of EMC 's Symmetrix & Virtualization Product Group, sat down with Computerworld at EMC's annual user conference, EMC World, to talk about the company's new VPLEX synchronous data replication product . Gallagher explained w...
More than anyone else, Jaak Aaviksoo has first-hand knowledge of what a cyberwar might feel like. In April 2007, Estonia's banking, media and government presence online was disrupted by several waves of distributed denial of service attacks that knoc...
Pat Gelsinger made headlines in September 2009 when he left Intel to join EMC as president and COO of information infrastructure products, a group that includes the company's information storage and information security businesses. Now, Gelsinger -- ...
These days, cloud computing may be the hottest topic in IT industry as many firms are planning to unleash cloud service or already starting to deploy cloud service.
In the third and final part of an in-depth interview with John Gallant, Scot Finnie, and Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr, Cisco’s John Chambers discusses the proprietary issue and cloud computing opportunities.
In the second instalment of an in-depth interview, John Chambers talks with John Gallant, Scot Finnie, and Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr about the changing competitive landscape, Cisco’s datacentre strategy and its relationship with HP.
By almost any measure, Cisco Systems is the biggest fish in the networking pond. Thanks to more than 130 acquisitions, a brisk pace of internal development and a much-discussed new organizational structure that the company is using to attack a slew o...
While Cisco Systems branches out into consumer electronics, video, mobile data and other areas, one of its biggest areas of focus today is enterprise data centers. The dominant LAN provider thinks the transformation of data centers through virtualiza...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC