Despite the economic recession that started in 2008, many IT service providers didn't see the expected boon to business in 2009. Some outsourcers struggled to a degree alongside the rest of the high-tech industry, but IT services experts say they sta...
Last month, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said during the company's earnings call that Google had implemented about 120 search quality improvements during the third quarter as it moves toward its ultimate goal: "We want to get to the perfect search engine....
Earlier this year, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak <a href="http://www.fusionio.com/PressDetails.php?id=67">accepted the position of chief scientist</a> at start-up solid state drive company Fusion-io. It's the first time since 1972, when he worked in...
During his keynote speech at the Society for Information Management's SIMposium 08 conference in the US, author Nicholas Carr drew an analogy between cloud computing and the transition that manufacturers made from generating their own power to relyin...
Now that EMC has purchased deduplication technology leader Data Domain, its reseller agreements with the likes of FalconStor Software Inc. and Quantum Corp. for the same type of single-instancing technology could be in jeopardy. Quantum resells both ...
CIOs think of Symantec as a company that buys its way into new markets. Over the past decade the Cupertino, California, vendor has snatched up about 30 companies as it's evolved from an antivirus and tools seller to an aspiring enterprise infrastruct...
Do you love Microsoft Corp.'s recent TV ads? Hate its "Apple Tax" marketing campaign? Then meet Brad Brooks. As Microsoft's corporate vice president for Windows consumer product marketing, Brooks approved both campaigns as part of his goal of burnish...
Security experts say it all the time: If a company thinks it has suffered a data security breach, the key to getting at the truth unscathed is to have a response plan in place for what needs to be done and who needs to be in charge of certain tasks. ...
Computerworld's investigations into the most widely-used programming languages continues as we chat with Giancarlo Niccolai the creator of the Falcon programming language.
The DataPortability Project tasted early fame in January 2008 when an indignant Robert Scoble joined the group after Facebook canceled the tech celebrity's account for exporting his friends list to Plaxo.
Linus Torvalds is a regular visitor to Australia in January. He comes out for some sunshine and to attend the annual linux.conf.au organised by Linux Australia. He took some time out to speak to Rodney Gedda about a host of topics including point rel...
Australian Geoff Huston is one of the foremost authorities on Internet routing and scaling issues. We sent Huston, a former Chief Scientist, Telstra Internet, a few questions about the U.S. government's plan to bolster R&D to secure the Internet'...
Craig Barrett spent decades using his business skills to make Intel the world's most powerful semiconductor company. He has now turned his attention to an even bigger challenge -- spreading computers and education throughout the developing world.
We recently got the opportunity to interview Eugene Kaspersky, the man behind Kaspersky Anti Virus. Here's what he had to say about the evolution of malware, the future of cybersecurity, the problems with the internet, and more.
We recently got the opportunity to interview Eugene Kaspersky, the man behind Kaspersky Anti Virus. Here's what he had to say about the evolution of malware, the future of cybersecurity, the problems with the Internet, and more.
Take home aCrucial Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 UDIMM valued at $399.95 this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTSupervisor / Team Leader - IT HealthcareQLD
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW