HP is responding to claims that the facial-tracking technology used by its webcams is somehow racist.
The Wikileaks 'whistleblower' site that was forced by a court order to shut down its primary domain after a complaint from Swiss bank, Julius Baer & Co, is back online after a judge ruled in its favor.
Efforts by countries like China to restrict the exchange of information on the Internet are ultimately doomed to failure, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates told an audience of Stanford University students Tuesday.
AMD has delayed general availability of some key products until early next year, when it projects the chips, along with other new processors, will return it to profitability.
A top Microsoft executive defended desktop application software, the source of the company's revenue for three decades, arguing that even services-based companies such as Google still need it.
A year ago, people were gasping at the price tags associated with large-scale service-oriented-architecture projects. Initial projects that cost US$50,000 per stage could run up a big total tab fast as companies invested in training, developers' time...
Facebook has become such a popular social networking site that some companies are betting their businesses on it.
At the last day of the Web 2.0 Summit, attendees learned that having their genome mapped will set them back US$300,000 and that Google's founders really stress over the prevention and extermination of evil.
Microsoft's Windows XP OS will be on a version of Asustek Computer's ultra-low cost laptop, Eee PC, by the end of this year, the companies announced this week.
Cisco is reported to be on the verge of closing a deal to buy a WiMAX base station vendor called Navini Networks.
Members of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) have called on the U.S. Congress to pass legislation that would address new types of cybercrimes and increase funding for law enforcement.
People using Google's Gmail service are sucking up storage space faster than the company can add it.
Apple has released its biggest iPhone <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306173" target="_blank">security update</a> yet, fixing bugs in the mobile phone's browser, mail client and Bluetooth networking serve
Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
Lenovo Group on Tuesday announced plans to acquire European electronics maker Packard Bell. If it goes through, the deal would be a disappointment for Lenovo rival, Acer, which reportedly was also trying to buy Packard Bell.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia