HP is responding to claims that the facial-tracking technology used by its webcams is somehow racist.
The Wikileaks 'whistleblower' site that was forced by a court order to shut down its primary domain after a complaint from Swiss bank, Julius Baer & Co, is back online after a judge ruled in its favor.
Efforts by countries like China to restrict the exchange of information on the Internet are ultimately doomed to failure, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates told an audience of Stanford University students Tuesday.
AMD has delayed general availability of some key products until early next year, when it projects the chips, along with other new processors, will return it to profitability.
A top Microsoft executive defended desktop application software, the source of the company's revenue for three decades, arguing that even services-based companies such as Google still need it.
A year ago, people were gasping at the price tags associated with large-scale service-oriented-architecture projects. Initial projects that cost US$50,000 per stage could run up a big total tab fast as companies invested in training, developers' time...
Facebook has become such a popular social networking site that some companies are betting their businesses on it.
At the last day of the Web 2.0 Summit, attendees learned that having their genome mapped will set them back US$300,000 and that Google's founders really stress over the prevention and extermination of evil.
Microsoft's Windows XP OS will be on a version of Asustek Computer's ultra-low cost laptop, Eee PC, by the end of this year, the companies announced this week.
Cisco is reported to be on the verge of closing a deal to buy a WiMAX base station vendor called Navini Networks.
Members of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) have called on the U.S. Congress to pass legislation that would address new types of cybercrimes and increase funding for law enforcement.
People using Google's Gmail service are sucking up storage space faster than the company can add it.
Apple has released its biggest iPhone <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306173" target="_blank">security update</a> yet, fixing bugs in the mobile phone's browser, mail client and Bluetooth networking serve
Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
Lenovo Group on Tuesday announced plans to acquire European electronics maker Packard Bell. If it goes through, the deal would be a disappointment for Lenovo rival, Acer, which reportedly was also trying to buy Packard Bell.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW