HP is responding to claims that the facial-tracking technology used by its webcams is somehow racist.
The Wikileaks 'whistleblower' site that was forced by a court order to shut down its primary domain after a complaint from Swiss bank, Julius Baer & Co, is back online after a judge ruled in its favor.
Efforts by countries like China to restrict the exchange of information on the Internet are ultimately doomed to failure, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates told an audience of Stanford University students Tuesday.
AMD has delayed general availability of some key products until early next year, when it projects the chips, along with other new processors, will return it to profitability.
A top Microsoft executive defended desktop application software, the source of the company's revenue for three decades, arguing that even services-based companies such as Google still need it.
A year ago, people were gasping at the price tags associated with large-scale service-oriented-architecture projects. Initial projects that cost US$50,000 per stage could run up a big total tab fast as companies invested in training, developers' time...
Facebook has become such a popular social networking site that some companies are betting their businesses on it.
At the last day of the Web 2.0 Summit, attendees learned that having their genome mapped will set them back US$300,000 and that Google's founders really stress over the prevention and extermination of evil.
Microsoft's Windows XP OS will be on a version of Asustek Computer's ultra-low cost laptop, Eee PC, by the end of this year, the companies announced this week.
Cisco is reported to be on the verge of closing a deal to buy a WiMAX base station vendor called Navini Networks.
Members of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) have called on the U.S. Congress to pass legislation that would address new types of cybercrimes and increase funding for law enforcement.
People using Google's Gmail service are sucking up storage space faster than the company can add it.
Apple has released its biggest iPhone <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306173" target="_blank">security update</a> yet, fixing bugs in the mobile phone's browser, mail client and Bluetooth networking serve
Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
Lenovo Group on Tuesday announced plans to acquire European electronics maker Packard Bell. If it goes through, the deal would be a disappointment for Lenovo rival, Acer, which reportedly was also trying to buy Packard Bell.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn overhauls its desktop website
- Switches coming out this year will drive open networking forward
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Facebook plans new data center in Denmark
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l SQL/RDMS/ DB2/ ETL/ UML/ XML/ Big Data technologiesNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD