HP is responding to claims that the facial-tracking technology used by its webcams is somehow racist.
The Wikileaks 'whistleblower' site that was forced by a court order to shut down its primary domain after a complaint from Swiss bank, Julius Baer & Co, is back online after a judge ruled in its favor.
Efforts by countries like China to restrict the exchange of information on the Internet are ultimately doomed to failure, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates told an audience of Stanford University students Tuesday.
AMD has delayed general availability of some key products until early next year, when it projects the chips, along with other new processors, will return it to profitability.
A top Microsoft executive defended desktop application software, the source of the company's revenue for three decades, arguing that even services-based companies such as Google still need it.
A year ago, people were gasping at the price tags associated with large-scale service-oriented-architecture projects. Initial projects that cost US$50,000 per stage could run up a big total tab fast as companies invested in training, developers' time...
Facebook has become such a popular social networking site that some companies are betting their businesses on it.
At the last day of the Web 2.0 Summit, attendees learned that having their genome mapped will set them back US$300,000 and that Google's founders really stress over the prevention and extermination of evil.
Microsoft's Windows XP OS will be on a version of Asustek Computer's ultra-low cost laptop, Eee PC, by the end of this year, the companies announced this week.
Cisco is reported to be on the verge of closing a deal to buy a WiMAX base station vendor called Navini Networks.
Members of the Business Software Alliance (BSA) have called on the U.S. Congress to pass legislation that would address new types of cybercrimes and increase funding for law enforcement.
People using Google's Gmail service are sucking up storage space faster than the company can add it.
Apple has released its biggest iPhone <a href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306173" target="_blank">security update</a> yet, fixing bugs in the mobile phone's browser, mail client and Bluetooth networking serve
Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
Lenovo Group on Tuesday announced plans to acquire European electronics maker Packard Bell. If it goes through, the deal would be a disappointment for Lenovo rival, Acer, which reportedly was also trying to buy Packard Bell.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google rolls out more low-bandwidth versions of its products
- Halt WhatsApp data transfers, German privacy watchdog tells Facebook
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA